Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New member intro & complete stereo install

Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM
TimATC is on a distinguished road
New member intro & complete stereo install

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, as I have been lurking for a while trying to learn about my 05 Cayenne Turbo that I picked up in late January.

My name is Tim, and I live in Buffalo, NY. I absolutely love the vehicle, and I've had a blast driving it in the snow. Now I can't wait till warmer weather, so I can stretch her legs a bit.

This past week she's been in the shop getting a few mods, and issues resolved. I had Leistung secondary cat deletes and SR1 exhaust installed, new CTS lower control arms and a new upper torque arm installed. Also had my Indy lower it with Durametric. Let me tell you...with the Leistung cat delete and SR1 it sounds Bad ***.
After the mods, I had a detail/paint correction, and did this ever make a difference. My detailer, Mike from Detail WNY, is a magician. I'll upload some pics that he is sending me of the process....truly eye opening!

Currently I'm getting the entire sound system replaced. I really missed bluetooth streaming songs, and calls, and given that I do not have phone buttons on my PCM, my options were limited. After some thought into the different options I elected to dust off some old equipment I had saved, and have it installed.
I chose the Pioneer NEX 4000 as the head unit, and had 2 pairs of MBQuart PCM 216, a JL Audio 500/5 amp, and JL Audio W7 Prowedge box in the basement from an install in a previous car. Instead of spending the $ on the MOST HUR adapter and use the existing Bose amp and speakers, I figured I put the money into installing all the gear I have laying around. It should sound MUCH better than the stock system....not TOO hard to do IMHO.

Well, here are a few pics of the install in progress, will post more of the finished product. Thanks to all that post, and are generous enough to share their knowledge with everyone!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	638.5 KB
ID:	368795