Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

With a little help from my friends

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 07:06 AM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
I do have the softronic tune already and I am waiting for Hank to fab up some 3" tips. This is just with the delets so I can't wait to have the full 3" on.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:46 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BG305
I do have the softronic tune already and I am waiting for Hank to fab up some 3" tips. This is just with the delets so I can't wait to have the full 3" on.

Wow, I didn't even catch the part about still being the stock exhaust. It's going to really sound great once the rest is mounted!!

Old 12-23-2014, 11:21 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
That is really close to the final 3" exhaust that I built. You will "love" the sound of it. Can't wait to hear the first videos!!

All you need is a set of wicked intercoolers to top it off

Old 12-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Like a kid on Xmas waiting my bro

Old 12-24-2014, 09:10 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Like a kid on Xmas waiting my bro
I can only imagine. I sent Hank a note to see what a complete 3" system would be. I am really not happy with the sound of my magnaflow system.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jdubbya
I can only imagine. I sent Hank a note to see what a complete 3" system would be. I am really not happy with the sound of my magnaflow system.
I might have my first "client" soon Would be interested to know the cost of the full HHR 3" exhaust (including tips) and lead time when you hear back.

Can shoot over a PM when you have the info?

Old 12-24-2014, 10:48 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Looks like you are on the right path to make power. Let me know if you consider replacing the small IHI turbos with the bigger 957 TD04-18T turbos.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm down for that as long as they fit without major fabing. This pig is in Costa Rica so as long as it's a bolt-on job it's no problem getting it done. If I have to chop and weld it turns into more headache than it's worth.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
I might have my first "client" soon Would be interested to know the cost of the full HHR 3" exhaust (including tips) and lead time when you hear back.

Can shoot over a PM when you have the info?
First client? You going to start selling exhaust systems? Kinda odd I havent heard back from him yet. I'll ping him again probably next week.

Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-25-2014, 05:52 AM
I'm down for that as long as they fit without major fabing. This pig is in Costa Rica so as long as it's a bolt-on job it's no problem getting it done. If I have to chop and weld it turns into more headache than it's worth.
The 957 TD04-18T turbos together with the manifolds are direct bolt-on. You may need to slightly modify the connection of oil and water lines to the turbos. These turbos are good for approx. 400 HP each. Kent made 726 HP and 808 TQ at the crank with these turbos.

In a 955 CTT, together with a full 3" catless (no primary & no secondary cats) exhaust system, custom tune (Softronics is very good), BMC replacement filters, larger intercoolers, you should be able to hit 600-650 HP depending on the gas octane.

957 CTT also has larger intercoolers than 955 CTT. I also have the 957 CTT intercoolers if you want them but you will need to do some pipe fab work to make the larger intercoolers fit.

Here are the pictures of the 957 CTT TD04-18T turbos.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:38 AM
I finally got the rest of the exahust and dropped off the pig.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (1.03 MB, 43 views)
Old 01-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Finnaly got the rest of the exhaust mounted. The only thing I'm waiting on are the 3" tips. If any one knows where I can get a set please let me know. Here's a clip of what it sounds like.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:48 AM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work! You can really hear the turbos!

Old 01-31-2015, 04:24 AM
Excellent. Sounds very deep and strong. What is the exhaust system on the car now? Is it full 3" all the way? Do you have cats or did you replace them with straight pipes?

Any big exhaust supplier will have various types of tips (round, ellipse, rectangular, chrome, black, etc) that fill fit your car if you have a good welder. I'd go with 4" tips if they fit the rear fascia opening.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:46 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
wow that sounds fantastic! Excellent work!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: With a little help from my friends