Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Headlight (driver side) blinking/dipped beam warnings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 08:31 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Headlight (driver side) blinking/dipped beam warnings

Recently noticed that my driver headlight was flashing while driving. Every minute or so if you look carefully, looks like the headlight quickly resets. The blink is momentary and brightness can be missed if you blink yourself.
Replaced harness behind headlight. No change.
Replaced bulb. No change.
Cleaned headlight connector and put some dielectric on it. No change.
Cleaned out harness side connector and put some dielectric. No change.

Seemed to help if I switched from auto to ON (headlights dial on left of steering wheel).

Looking for ideas and solutions that worked for you. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:44 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
Maybe check the switch next ?
Might need some magic spray as well.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:46 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Are you talking the round dial switch ysed to put lights on auto or turn off?

Originally Posted by DLF
Maybe check the switch next ?
Might need some magic spray as well.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:29 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
Yes, I had flickering of my dash backlighting , which some switch cleaner spray on the pot solved, thinking you may have a similar problem

Old 03-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Ill give it a shot. I will try to reseat the relays for headlights, thinking they may be a cause too (another contact point).

Old 04-07-2018, 11:10 AM
95_993 is on a distinguished road
I have you done the modification to "trim" the tabs and let the connector float freely. Did it to mine and it fixed the problem.

Old 04-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Would you mind explaining more? Want to try. If you can explain which pieces are trimmed i will greatly appreciate.
Let me cknow which connectors, etc. I assume you are talking the light socket on harness?

if you are talking removing harness from its tray socket so harness plugs directly into light, i already did that one.
thanks.

Originally Posted by 95_993
I have you done the modification to "trim" the tabs and let the connector float freely. Did it to mine and it fixed the problem.

Old 04-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Yes, removing the harness connector from the tray socket and plugging it directly into the headlight. By trimming the tabs, it lets the connector slide through socket tray.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...going-out.html

Old 04-09-2018, 10:11 PM
I did this a while ago. Driver headlight started flickering, and eventually started getting dipped beam message for it. Not related to the tabs . They are long gone. Replaced with brand new headlight harness, and did not help.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:09 AM
With driver low beam acting up with dipped beam message, swapped ballasts driver to passenger and vice versa.
After swap, my passenger side low beam has gone out. I bought full new set of bulbs, and replaced. The driver side works well now, the passenger side (one that has ballast from driver swapped), low beam is out and not coming on at all.

Looking for feedback on what my next step is...replace passenger ballast?

Old 05-02-2018, 05:12 PM
Due to symptoms, ordered another ballast. Will update when replaced. Almost guaranteed to be the culprit. Nothing else seems to be plausible.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:12 PM
How did the ballast work?

Another cause may be a bent pin inside the socket where the harness connects to the back of the light assembly. I had this happen getting dipped beam and cornering light error. After pulling the light assembly out, looked at the back and saw the bent pins. Easy fix.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:31 PM
The replacement ballast fixed my issue. All lights working great now.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:40 AM
Great. I just had the pin issue when a pulled my light last night to fix the gasket. All good now

Old 07-21-2018, 11:14 PM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ciaka
The replacement ballast fixed my issue. All lights working great now.
Did this require dealer re-coding?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Headlight (driver side) blinking/dipped beam warnings