Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Replaced one interior bulb with LED and now none of the lights work !!

Old 09-05-2018, 04:47 AM
swisstony is an unknown quantity at this point
Replaced one interior bulb with LED and now none of the lights work !!

Need some help guys

After looking at various threads on here and rennlist, there is a ton of posts about replacing the interior bulbs with nice bright LED ones. So after a bit of research I ordered these from china

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/21pc...561a4c4dHC47mf

All looked good as they are clearly canbus error free and also each bag is labelled for the specific area to replace. So all looked fine as I started and the first bulb I attempted was the tailgate (red one). Worked the metal shielding off, removed the standard bulb and fitted the LED. It didn't work immediately so realised it may be directional so rotated it 180 degrees and got a lovely working bulb. Then started on the next one and suddenly all bulbs in the interior refused to work. So after turning the ignition off, locking and unlocking the car, I tried again but still no lights. So replaced the LED back with the standard bulb but still no joy. So replaced the fuse in case it had blown one but still no luck. So what the hell have I done ?? Is there anyway to fix this issue as I have run out of ideas and my wife is giving me dirty looks for messing up her car !!!!

Old 09-08-2018, 06:18 AM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
There's a dimmer control for the interior lights, make sure it's on MAX (bright). I had an issue with my LED's where if the dimming control is too low, they will "flash", talk about annoying. Not sure if you touched the dimmer, but if you put it too low the LED's may not turn on at all.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:01 AM
All sorted
Unplugged the negative terminal on the battery and had a drink whilst waiting . then plugged it back on and checked, sure enough the PSM light comes on the dash but I know that goes after a bit of driving so not worried. And still no interior lights so on our UK model the fuses are in the left hand side of the dash , passenger side. Found position 12 fuse is 20A and replaced that all worked !! Yay

So went around putting all the LED's back in once I found the correct orientation and it looks great. Also bought a big box of replacement fuses of assorted sizes in case it happens again.

Now I have two questions.

1. The rear Map lights. Now these are held on with a torx screw and once removed you can pry out the light housing. BUT the actual bulb is hidden under what looks like a logic/fuse board which is held in all around by plastic clips. It looks like if you remove this board to get to the bulb you will either break it or disconnect metal pins that seem to touch the board. So how the hell do you get to this bulb ? Do porsche think you will never need to replace this bulb ???

2. Dome lights at front. I can remove the plastic light cover and see three dome bulbs in there but boy do the LED ones not want to go in, it is a real struggle to get them in. Any tips ?

Apart from that, all good and thanks for all your advice so far.

The wife BTW is happy again LOL

Old 09-11-2018, 04:42 AM
These are the photos, as you can see the bulb is hidden under the fuse board and I can't see , without maybe breaking the tabs, you can replace the bulbs. I am sure some like minded people have replaced these so guess its not impossible

Old 09-12-2018, 06:50 AM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
Don't those black tabs flex a bit? It looks like bending the side ones outward would release the board.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by richie996
Don't those black tabs flex a bit? It looks like bending the side ones outward would release the board.
Yes and no. Yes they flex but then the white clear tabs also hold it all in and me being all ham fisted will probably break them !
I was just wondering if anyone has attempted these lights and bulb changes and if so any tips

I will have a go gently and just pray that nothing breaks !!

cheers

Old 09-19-2018, 02:22 AM
Well all sorted

Grabbed some cheapy shorter LED bulbs for the dome lights at the front which go in a lot easier than the first LED and all working lovely

then found out how to remove the fuse board from the map lights

It turns out that you push the clear plastic tab (circled) and then lever it out in the direction of the arrow
Simple !!

and much better

Finally bought some LED units for the rear number plate. Unfortunately the previous owner had bodged the wiring to the old units so had to redo all the wiring but it now looks far better