Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Removing intake and troubleshoot coolant leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 07:58 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Removing intake and troubleshoot coolant leak

I plan to remove intake to pd coolant leak that recently occured on my cayenne turbo.
Have few questions and advice from those in the know. Thank you very much.
My CTT had coolant pipes done already and replaced with the metal ones. Yet, another coolant leak happened so deciding to do on my own since mechanic obviously either did job wrong, or neglected to tell me of some other part that fails routinely, and now I have to take this apart again.

1. Do I need to get new intake seals (two of them) whenever removing intake on cayenne turbo
2. In addition to cooling pipes, what other pipes routinely fail under the intake, so I can keep an eye out.
3. Are there parts I can get that have longer life, so I dont have to redo yet again.
4. Any ohter advice while doing this for my car (tips, hints, items worth changing while you are there, etc)
5. Heard there are some smaller pipes that are plastic but fail, and can be purchased metal (not sur if t-pipe or angled, etc), but if you have info withg pn, url, I will really appreciate it.

thank you.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:45 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
To complete this thread, actually it is pretty easy. Takes some time, but easy for sure.
I used coolant pipes replacement manual from ECS tuning, which you can find here.
Follow it and it will guide you step by step, to remove the intake and afterwards to put it back on. Make sure you replace the gaskets (2 of them), before you put the intake back on.
If you need to do coolant pipes, not too hard either but does take time too. Good luck.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:50 AM
jzchen will become famous soon enough
Thanks for sharing this find ciaka. I'm afraid we didn't even have a Porsche at the time you posted this, let alone any answers for you. Now onto finding where the coolant is disappearing on our NA V8......

BTW-. There's definitely some rodent/mouse poop around those intake ports in ours as well....