Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Brake pads and rotors...less brake dust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
Brake pads and rotors...less brake dust?

Which company makes brake pads produce less brake dust than OEM?
Do you need to change rotors at the same time?

I had to change brake pads and rotors at the same time on x5(Hawk's ceramic pads and Brembo sport slotted rotors from tirerack).
Result was very good...

So far, I see Hawk performance ceramic pads from tirerack no rotors.
Does anyone have better solution?
Anyone experienced with Hawk's ceramic pads?

Old 09-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I would like to know about better pads for Cayenne too since my A4 is running Cayenne front brake. I've Mintex red box low dust in my TT. The brake dust reduce a lot but they noise like hell. Anything for Cayenne brake with no noise and lower dust?

Old 10-25-2006, 02:33 PM
interalejo is on a distinguished road
Sorry to bump up this old thread but I was wondering if any of you have experience with EBC green stuff pads? They claim low dust and a good initial bite. I need to replace the front brakes/rotors/sensors on my CS so your input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:12 AM
GoldenPEPPA is on a distinguished road
how bout brakes that don't squeak?

Old 10-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Come on guys go with da ceramic. No mo dust...lol

Old 10-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
I have EBCs on all four corners. I hate them. The dust is a little less but the braking performance sucks, especially cold. Dust is still a problem and the loss of braking performance make these a bad investment. Thumbs down.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:56 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Byronmaui is correct.
Ceramic brakes are cleaner offer excellent braking without wearing down the rotors, and you don't get the squealling like you do from semi-metallics.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:20 AM
interalejo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Periokid
I have EBCs on all four corners. I hate them. The dust is a little less but the braking performance sucks, especially cold. Dust is still a problem and the loss of braking performance make these a bad investment. Thumbs down.
Thanks for the reply. I'm going with OEM stuff...

Old 10-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Atlas is on a distinguished road
You guys might try contacting this guy:
http://www.zeckhausen.com/Porsche/Cayenne.htm

His name is Dave and he is extremely knowledgable about brakes. I've used him in the past for sveral different vehicles and his advice has always been flawless.
Best of luck.
Anthony