Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Pano vs no pano 2011

Old 10-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Pano vs no pano 2011

So for those who have tested both of for those who individually own one or the other, how is the road noise?

I have driven without pano and termally insulated glass all around, and the road noise is not an issue, but have not driven the new smaller pano on the 2011 with full insulated glass.

Please chime in, as this is a $600 or so option, but what I am more concerned with is the road noise, or wind noise....

I want the open feel of the PANO, but don't wnat to sacrifice noice of any kind....

Old 10-02-2010, 08:16 AM
markitzero is on a distinguished road
I have the 3-panel pano roof in my Q7 and I haven't noticed a difference in road noise between the Q7 and our standard sunroof Cayenne. I will say that when the ambient temp outside rises above 80 degrees it is difficult for the air conditioning to keep up.. above 90 and it gets somewhat uncomfortable, even with the little shade thing closed... and the Q7 has the 4 zone climate control. Not sure if that helps as it wasn't the Cayenne but I thought I was put my two cents in.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:14 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent question, one that I had in mind all along. I just did not post as I was quite sure that there would be no answers...Jace we are too early in the game. As early adopters there is quite a bit of guesswork involved. I hope I've made the right choice by going for both the pano and the insul glass

Old 10-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I think you have. My choice as well.

You can always tint the pano if you think too much sun gets through like the previous post states....

Old 10-02-2010, 09:04 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Pano has been a must have option for me eventhough I've never seen one in person, just love the look. Being in Cali do u guys think it would be that bad with the heat we have in summers? Figured you can cover up the glass like a normal sunroof so shouldn't be an issue right?

Old 10-03-2010, 12:11 AM
bjustice is on a distinguished road
Depends on where you are in California I would imagine. I'm from San Diego but moved to Louisiana about 8 years ago. I wouldn't have hesitated to get the pano in that environment, but I just purchased a CS and made sure it did not. Where are you in California if you don'd mind me asking.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 PM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
Noise shouldn't really be a problem but there will be a slightly difference vis a vis normal sunroof where the glass is smaller, the roof has insulation and the sun shade is different type.

But more importantly, as markitzero hinted, it's the climate. Here in Dubai, many people who have gotten that option have regretted it due to:

1) inability to regularly enjoy the open pano roof due to the extremely hot weather
2) heat coming in through the glass forcing people to apply dark window film to the already tinted pano glass
3) some owners complained of migraine
4) the a/c needs to work harder and you've got a strange environment in the cabin with cold air coming from the a/c vent and heat from the roof

Same goes for 911 targa with regards to extreme hot climates.

If you're not in such a climate, you can enjoy it

Old 10-05-2010, 09:03 PM
AppleChilli will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 03LX470
Noise shouldn't really be a problem but there will be a slightly difference vis a vis normal sunroof where the glass is smaller, the roof has insulation and the sun shade is different type.

But more importantly, as markitzero hinted, it's the climate. Here in Dubai, many people who have gotten that option have regretted it due to:

1) inability to regularly enjoy the open pano roof due to the extremely hot weather
2) heat coming in through the glass forcing people to apply dark window film to the already tinted pano glass
3) some owners complained of migraine
4) the a/c needs to work harder and you've got a strange environment in the cabin with cold air coming from the a/c vent and heat from the roof

Same goes for 911 targa with regards to extreme hot climates.

If you're not in such a climate, you can enjoy it
#1) Even though weather was hardly an issue, I can count on both hands how many times I've had the sunroof open (weird).
#2) Too bad there isn't a 30 day money back guarantee.
#3) gives cause for concern.
#4) Always find out something new. Would be interested if it weren't just the case of a weak A/C to begin with?!? Strange environment could led to issues as well...resale could take a major hit for those folks in your area.

For me : Pano or none at all, the slot designed as a "sunroof" is way too small.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
I'm in Sacramento where our summers can reach 105. For $700 I will definetly opt for the pano option but not many used turbo s have them so well see.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:29 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I have a dark interior (natural espresso/cognac). I am going with the pano with the intent of letting some bright light from above to bring out the intensity of the two tone colors.