Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Any slick radar/laser Cayenne installs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I would do the LI.
Better to fight a laser with a laser.
Here are some picks of my quad head LI install with on/off button inside.

I plan on doing the exact same with my new CTT, just haven't had the time. I have the box ready for install though, it's staring at me all the time........
Stop staring at me swan!!

Attached Images    
Old 12-06-2011, 10:53 AM
turbostang has a spectacular aura aboutturbostang has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2012cayenne
Still happy w your install? Any problems or tickets?

Currently trying to decide if I need the HP or Standard quad on my new Cayenne.

Thanks,

No problems and no tickets yet. (knocking on wood).
I just bought the Belltronics STI-R and LI for my wife Audi from Cliff at Laser Interceptor. LI had a Black Friday sale!!

IMO If you have the extra money go with the HP quad.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Jace
I would do the LI.
Better to fight a laser with a laser.
Here are some picks of my quad head LI install with on/off button inside.

I plan on doing the exact same with my new CTT, just haven't had the time. I have the box ready for install though, it's staring at me all the time........
Stop staring at me swan!!
Does the on/off switch cause any distraction at night when you are looking at the side mirror? (green led)

Old 12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
This is going to be a total newb question, but are radar detectors even worth it anymore. I haven't owned one since I was a teenager back in the late 80's.

Now with laser and other newer technologies, aren't you already "tagged" once the detector goes off?

Another thing is I haven't received a speeding ticket by a gun in probably 20 years, the few times I have gotten a ticket was from aircraft timing me on interstates and detectors are useless for that, correct?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by VinceV
This is going to be a total newb question, but are radar detectors even worth it anymore. I haven't owned one since I was a teenager back in the late 80's.

Now with laser and other newer technologies, aren't you already "tagged" once the detector goes off?

Another thing is I haven't received a speeding ticket by a gun in probably 20 years, the few times I have gotten a ticket was from aircraft timing me on interstates and detectors are useless for that, correct?
The new detector have built in GPS. Alert you of speeding and red light cameras. The LI jam the police laser gun, giving u a second or two to slow down to the legal speed limit. It has save me lots of $$$.
When I see signs "speed monitor by aircraft" I slow down a bit 5 mph over the speed limit.

I have a habit of exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph. Who actually drive 55 or 65 on the highway these day?

Last edited by turbostang; 12-06-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Banned
Catchacab will become famous soon enough
I run three regular Laser Interceptor heads on the front of my Cayenne. One above each turn signal and one in the upper grill in the midline. Tested very well against all laser guns.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by turbostang
Does the on/off switch cause any distraction at night when you are looking at the side mirror? (green led)
on my 2011 it won't be the same location simple bc that panel isn't available, but no not really.
If I had to do again in a pre 2011 I would do it same spot. just my preference.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:59 AM
SlipR35 will become famous soon enough
Belltronics STiR with LI's. Belltronics display integrated into the OEM Porsche mirror by Scott at Radar-mirror.com.

http://youtu.be/7aq-yEi7qUk

Last edited by SlipR35; 12-16-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:12 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
i have a k40 radar/laser jammer with unobtrusive units in the front
and rear feeding info to the dash with two small lights one for front,
one rear and an audio alert.
i am a huge speeder and have never been pulled over or ticketed, the
only other system id go for is the v1 in mirror system, but the k40 has
served me well on many occasions.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:35 AM
kriegsjr is on a distinguished road
my setup

Valentine in mirror and LI notifications with controls in ashtray. LI has not failed me in a year.

Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2011, 09:39 AM
kriegsjr is on a distinguished road
Add Content

Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2011, 10:28 AM
race3 is on a distinguished road
i recently had a 9500ci installed. i like this system and have it in other cars. the laser jammers DO work. perhaps not as good as the LI jammers, but they still have worked for me and i like having just one system. i also had the display integrated into the rear view mirror by radar-mirror.com and it looks good.

also, this is on a 2012 turbo with active cruise control. i have seen no issues or interference when using the active cruise control.

also, please note, that if you have the heated windshield option... AND if you are installing a 9500ci radar / laser jamming system... do not put the GPS unit in the dash area. it will not properly pickup the GPS through the windshield.

Last edited by race3; 12-26-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Race, where did you install the GPS antenna?

I have the heated/insulated windshield on my 2012 Turbo as well. I have been looking at the Belltronics unit and the K40.

Wonder how the V1 installs stealth, or does it?

J

Old 12-27-2011, 10:55 PM
race3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
Race, where did you install the GPS antenna?

I have the heated/insulated windshield on my 2012 Turbo as well. I have been looking at the Belltronics unit and the K40.

Wonder how the V1 installs stealth, or does it?

J
it is still currently under the dash near the clock... but it doesn't work there so tomorrow they are going to move it to underneath the rear spoiler, which is plastic and will work. 9500ci is definitely better than k40. i like it overall.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:42 AM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
The radar installations have a good stealth factor, but has anyone received a radar timed ticket? In the Atlanta area all they use is Laser.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any slick radar/laser Cayenne installs?