Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

What does your voltage reading say on your in-dash display?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:27 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
What does your voltage reading say on your in-dash display?

I drive my S maybe 3 times a week tops. Sometime I leave it there for a week or a week and a half without driving.

My voltage reading says 14.2 when I first start it then says 14.4 after about 10 minutes of driving. Seems ok considering how much I drive. What is yours reading?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:36 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
I drive mine everyday and the reading typically stays in the 13's (13.3-13.8). Long commute, lots of highway mileage.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 AM
greg_g is on a distinguished road
Yours is within 0.1v of mine. A healthy fully charged battery will produce a 12.2v reading. You'll see this with just the ACC switch on. Power is subsequently consumed by the starter. The alternator increases its output to replace that juice. That's the 14.x you see. It will eventually drop to about 13.2 or so, which reflects about a 1v trickle charge while running.

//greg//

Old 07-28-2013, 05:33 PM
_Cayenne_S_ is on a distinguished road
sorry for the question where can I see the battery voltage in the CS I never saw it I have a 2011 CS!!

Old 07-29-2013, 05:47 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
You have to set it to display. Change the multipurpose display in the dash so that the coolant temperature, oil temperature and oil pressure graphs are show. From here go to:

"Vehicle"
"Settings"
"Display"
"Vehicle menu"

The fourth line of the display is often blank by default. Select "4" under "Vehicle Menu" and the list of items that can be displayed in that line will pop up. Vehicle Voltage is one of the options.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by wwilliams88
You have to set it to display. Change the multipurpose display in the dash so that the coolant temperature, oil temperature and oil pressure graphs are show. From here go to:

"Vehicle"
"Settings"
"Display"
"Vehicle menu"

The fourth line of the display is often blank by default. Select "4" under "Vehicle Menu" and the list of items that can be displayed in that line will pop up. Vehicle Voltage is one of the options.
I searched for it but couldn't find anything I will try to take pics to show you as per the order.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:32 AM
Pic below from the manual. The set of menus and submenus you need to select are highlighted in yellow. if you have the multifunction steering wheel, you use the right scroll wheel to access a submenu and select an option. If you don't have the multifunction steering wheel, you use the lower lever to the right of the steering wheel (below the window wiper control lever)

I also took photos of my vehicle display to guide you. Pic 1 is where you start. On mine the Vehicle Voltage is displayed in line 4.

From the "Vehicle" menu in Pic1, press the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel. Or use the level if you don't have the multifunction steering wheel. I'm going to assume you do for the rest of this message.

When you press the right scroll wheel, the menu in Pic2 will appear. Use the scroll wheel to select the "Settings" option (as shown by the upper and lower red bars). Press the right scroll wheel again.

The next menu in Pic 3 is the "Settings" menu. Use the right scroll wheel to select "Display". Press the right scroll wheel to select.

The next menu in Pic 4 is the "Display" menu. Use the right scroll wheel to select "Vehicle Menu". Press the right scroll wheel to select.

Continued in next post....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	7-29-2013 3-19-24 PM.jpg
Views:	1092
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	266205  
Attached Images     
Old 07-31-2013, 06:50 AM
Continued from post 7

The next menu in Pic 5 is the "Vehicle Menu" menu. Each of the lines 1 thru 4 can be selected and modified. I believe that Line 4 is often left empty or blank by default. Assuming you want the Vehicle Voltage to appear in line4 of the display, use the right scroll wheel to select "4". Press the right scroll wheel to select.

The next menu in Pic 6 is the "Field 4" menu. Use the scroll wheel to move through the various options that can be displayed in Line 4 until you get to "Veh.Voltage" Press the scroll wheel to select.

Now use the backspace button below the right scroll wheel to escape out of the submenus until you get to the top menu in Pic1 of Post 7. Your vehicle voltage should be now displayed in line 4.

You do have the option of modifying Lines 1-4 to several possible displayed data lines in any order you want. From the manual these are the possible display items:

Veh. voltage”,
Boost pressure” (this is only available on the turbo)
Oil pressure
Oil temperature
Coolant temp.(coolant temperature)
Fuel range
Int: Trip time” (driving time to intermediate destination)
Int: Arrival” (arrival time at intermediate destination),
Dst: Trip time” (driving time to destination)
Dst: Arrival” (arrival time at destination)
Compass” (on multi-purpose display)
Date
Station/Track” (current radio station/music track)
Phone info” (network strength/network name),
Blank line” (field remains blank)

Hope this helps.

Attached Images   

Last edited by wwilliams88; 07-31-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by wwilliams88
Continued from post 7

The next menu in Pic 5 is the "Vehicle Menu" menu. Each of the lines 1 thru 4 can be selected and modified. I believe that Line 4 is often left empty or blank by default. Assuming you want the Vehicle Voltage to appear in line4 of the display, use the right scroll wheel to select "4". Press the right scroll wheel to select.

The next menu in Pic 6 is the "Field 4" menu. Use the scroll wheel to move through the various options that can be displayed in Line 4 until you get to "Veh.Voltage" Press the scroll wheel to select.

Now use the backspace button below the right scroll wheel to escape out of the submenus until you get to the top menu in Pic1 of Post 7. Your vehicle voltage should be now displayed in line 4.

You do have the option of modifying Lines 1-4 to several possible displayed data lines in any order you want. From the manual these are the possible display items:

Veh. voltage”,
Boost pressure” (this is only available on the turbo)
Oil pressure
Oil temperature
Coolant temp.(coolant temperature)
Fuel range
Int: Trip time” (driving time to intermediate destination)
Int: Arrival” (arrival time at intermediate destination),
Dst: Trip time” (driving time to destination)
Dst: Arrival” (arrival time at destination)
Compass” (on multi-purpose display)
Date
Station/Track” (current radio station/music track)
Phone info” (network strength/network name),
Blank line” (field remains blank)

Hope this helps.
thanks you very much for your explanation I will check it out today. I will let you know how it goes.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Wwilliams88 thanks for your tips now I am able to see my voltage, oil temp, oil pressure, coolent temp.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by _Cayenne_S_
Wwilliams88 thanks for your tips now I am able to see my voltage, oil temp, oil pressure, coolent temp.
Your welcome. Glad I was able to help.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:55 PM
sinktheboat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by frank69m
I drive my S maybe 3 times a week tops. Sometime I leave it there for a week or a week and a half without driving.

My voltage reading says 14.2 when I first start it then says 14.4 after about 10 minutes of driving. Seems ok considering how much I drive. What is yours reading?
i'm 13.6-13.8 volts with lights on 14 volts

Old 10-30-2018, 10:10 PM
ammar.malik is on a distinguished road
So what should a 2013 S battery read when driven for 10 min? What should it read when josh started?

Old 10-31-2018, 12:53 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ammar.malik
So what should a 2013 S battery read when driven for 10 min? What should it read when josh started?
It should read over 13V. There is no hard/fast rule on battery voltage and the system is adaptive to both temperature and load. Plus it changes parameters from normal to sport mode. Anything over 13V is just fine. A fully charged battery is 12.6V - 13V means it's charging and the battery isn't heavily discharged. Higher voltages mean there is more need for charging. You do not want to see it above about 14.8V since that's over the correct charging voltage for a 12.6V battery.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:15 PM
quickster2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine goes from 13.2 (rarely) to 14.8. I have a new Porsche battery installed by the dealer. Normally after driving it seems to live in the range of 13.5 to 13.8. 2102 S. Sport mode the voltage goes up for some reason.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What does your voltage reading say on your in-dash display?