6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 958 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-958-143/)
-   -   Difference between GTS and TURBO (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-958/296432-difference-between-gts-turbo.html)

mrlp670 01-02-2013 08:33 PM

Difference between GTS and TURBO

Hi 6Speeder's,

I'm new to the forum and had a quick question for you guys. I will be looking to replace my current SUV in the spring/early summer and have been debating between the X5M and Porsche Cayenne Turbo.

I was interested in the Cayenne Turbo but recently I became aware of the GTS model. Now I find myself interested in the GTS model but I wanted to know the main differences (other than the 80 HP difference). The GTS model seems to be more aggressive/sporty but I was hoping some of you could shed some light on the two models and perhaps which one you guys would prefer/recommend.

Your input would be very appreciated! Thanks.:D

dubai_m5 01-03-2013 07:26 AM

yeah you can say the GTS is the hardcore version where its fun loud aggressive i would say the most fun to drive where is turbo the most powerful so which one would you prefer power vs fun , i am not saying the turbo is not fun to drive but its like the panamera the gts is the most fun to drive and the turbo is most powerful its really based on your needs and personal preference

hkb5variant 01-03-2013 09:17 AM

GTS have better look in both exterior and interior

galion 01-03-2013 11:04 AM

The X5M is an aging design due for a full model change by the end of 2013.
I would get a Turbo, what a great balance between comfort and performance!
Just get the GTS exterior SportDesign package to enhance the looks.
With a stiffer and lower suspension, the GTS is harsh for a DD SUV, it sounds fantastic from the outside but the interior sound symposer gimmick gets on your nerves really soon.
The GTS is nowhere near the turbo in terms of power and torque, with only +20hp, it is more comparable to the "S" version, but a better deal with most of the cosmetic options included.

dubai_m5 01-05-2013 06:47 AM

What do you mean the sound symposer gets on your nerves soon ?

galion 01-05-2013 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by dubai_m5 (Post 3734975)
What do you mean the sound symposer gets on your nerves soon ?

The GTS is very loud from the outside, but the sound symposer makes the sound loud in the interior too, not the exhaust sound but the admission sound reververating through the A-pillars.
It was nice for the first few weeks but in my case it got old really quick, my wife hates the interior sound, she says it give her headaches :rolleyes:, I wish I could just hear the fantastic exhaust note which is loud enough to be heard inside the car.
Said that, I also have this gimmick in my 991 and it doesnt sound as annoying as in the GTS, the symposer is located behind the real windshield and not in the A-Pillars next to my ears, so I can hear a beautiful "mix" between exhaust and admission sound.
I will try to deactivate this thing when I visit the dealer next week and keep you posted with the results.

MrPorsche 01-05-2013 11:01 AM

I don't have the turbo, I have the GTS.
I'd say the turbo has more options included as standard or at a reduced cost compared to the GTS. PDCC PTV+ is cheaper on the turbo, the full leather interior options cost less. It includes auto dimming mirrors, something I was screwed out of on my build.

race3 01-06-2013 11:42 AM

It's very simple. The Turbo is the top of the line Cayenne... faster and more features overall. The GTS is next in line, also a very good vehicle, followed by the S and then the regular Cayenne.

frank69m 01-06-2013 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by race3 (Post 3735878)
It's very simple. The Turbo is the top of the line Cayenne... faster and more features overall. The GTS is next in line, also a very good vehicle, followed by the S and then the regular Cayenne.

You mean Turbo S :-)

race3 01-06-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by frank69m (Post 3736092)
You mean Turbo S :-)

oh yeah, forgot that one. Although, the difference between the Turbo and Turbo S is so negligible, perhaps it doesn't count. :) Frankly, i'd be surprised at anyone who paid more for the Turbo S, as it's barely faster than the turbo and not worth the money.

RAKLAW 01-06-2013 06:28 PM

Well gee, did I do something wrong.
Perhaps u should drive the turbo then sit in and drive the turbo s. after I drive my new turbo s ill let u know if your surprise is warranted

race3 01-06-2013 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by RAKLAW (Post 3736155)
Well gee, did I do something wrong.
Perhaps u should drive the turbo then sit in and drive the turbo s. after I drive my new turbo s ill let u know if your surprise is warranted

if you look at a simple metric, like 0-60 mph time... you'll see the Turbo S is only 0.1 seconds faster than the Turbo. To me, that doesn't justify the $20,000 or so price increase. But both are great cars, so enjoy!

Harlequin NY 01-06-2013 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nobody dupes The RAK......

RAKLAW 01-06-2013 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Harlequin NY (Post 3736158)
Nobody dupes The RAK......

;)

U r so right....hilarious
When u consider a dang 750 il can do a 0-60 in 4.5 sec., in today's world there is a lot more to a vehicle than 0-60 times

race3 01-06-2013 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by RAKLAW (Post 3736174)
;)

U r so right....hilarious
When u consider a dang 750 il can do a 0-60 in 4.5 sec., in today's world there is a lot more to a vehicle than 0-60 times

of course, i agree... but the two vehicles (turbo & turbo s) are otherwise identical outside of their horsepower.