Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Goodbye Cayenne Turbo, Hello ML63, Review of Fabspeed Bypass Pipes and Mufflers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 11:49 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Goodbye Cayenne Turbo, Hello ML63, Review of Fabspeed Bypass Pipes and Mufflers

I recently traded in my 2011 Cayenne Turbo that I purchased from forum member Jace late last year. It was a great car, and absolutely beautiful, but with a baby on the way in just a few weeks, I wanted to get something with a black interior. Plus, the new 5.5 V8 Biturbo motor (M157) in the ML63 and all other "63" models from '12 onward is absolutely amazing. I have already had it tuned by Renntech, and it is an absolute beast.

While I owned the CTT, I installed the Fabspeed Bypass Pipes and Fabspeed Maxflo Mufflers. The sound was beautiful. Definitely not overbearing in any way. I happen to have those parts for sale for a killer deal if you are interested. The power gain from the bypass pipes alone is very noticeable. The mufflers really give the Cayenne a powerful tone without any drone whatsoever. I constantly received compliments on the sound.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nne-turbo.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nne-turbo.html

Here is a quick picture of the CTT and ML63 together on the day I traded her in. I will definitely be around these parts keeping up on the Cayenne scene.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
X5B4 is on a distinguished road
Congrats and good luck! She is a beauty. I had an ML500 dark blue many years ago and loved it.

How about a compare and contrast review when you can?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Congrat as well! I would be interested in hearing a compare and contrast post as well from someone who was pretty involved in the Cayenne scene. That 6.2 liter engine AMG is throwing into everything is a beast. When tuned, what hp does it put out?

Old 07-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
The ML looks to be beast. Take a picture of the interior if you get a chance too. Congrats and good luck!!

Old 07-19-2013, 07:17 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Congrat as well! I would be interested in hearing a compare and contrast post as well from someone who was pretty involved in the Cayenne scene. That 6.2 liter engine AMG is throwing into everything is a beast. When tuned, what hp does it put out?
The 6.2 NA V8 was replaced in all 63 series cars starting in 2012. Now it is a 5.5 liter biturbo (M157). Stock HP and TQ was in the 510/510 range. One can purchase the "performance package" from Mercedes for around $7k which includes a carbon fiber engine cover and red calipers (cosmetic not functional) and a tune which bumps power to like 550/560 HP/tq. I haven't dyno'd the Renntech tuned ML63 (which advertises 635/620 tq for the ML63), but it is much quicker than the Cayenne was which trapped 110 with just bypass pipes, mufflers and filters (no tune). I'd venture to guess it will go high 11s in cool weather in the high one-teens.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Just be careful when the weather is hot and you are in traffic.

I had The E63 and SL65 that both had cooling issues that were bothersome especially stop and go in traffic. A lot of the guys who live in the hot and humid areas were doing a front mounted intercooler as a mod on the E's but there was nothing for the SL's at the time and I still don't think there is anyway to add additional intercoolers. Engine temps would get extremely hot almost 3/4 of the way to overheating when I was in traffic for more then an hour in heat.... That worried the longevity for this engine for me and decided to sell both.

This engine is beastly! I miss it so much and that noise it makes....heaven.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Serpens is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fkim011
Just be careful when the weather is hot and you are in traffic.

I had The E63 and SL65 that both had cooling issues that were bothersome especially stop and go in traffic. A lot of the guys who live in the hot and humid areas were doing a front mounted intercooler as a mod on the E's but there was nothing for the SL's at the time and I still don't think there is anyway to add additional intercoolers. Engine temps would get extremely hot almost 3/4 of the way to overheating when I was in traffic for more then an hour in heat.... That worried the longevity for this engine for me and decided to sell both.

This engine is beastly! I miss it so much and that noise it makes....heaven.
Just a note- the temp gauge gauge on these cars is more accurate gauge as other cars. I owned an SL600, same deal with the temp guage moving. I used to hammer on it and drive it in stop/go traffic even in the hot and humid GA heat and it never went above the 3/4ths line on the temp gauge. Most cars experience temp fluctuations like this but the needle never moves, which is more of a function of it being a "dummy" gauge more than anything.

They test these cars in 120 degree weather in death valley, they won't overheat but they will run hot and pull power.