Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

DIY: DRL adapter for Turbo/GTS bumper swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 06:51 PM
hkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gnat
And it's the same if you manually turn the headlights on and off or use the auto mode correct?
Yes, the same.
Auto mode & manual mode: headlight off = DRL the left side off
Auto mode & manual mode: headlight on = DRL both side on
Home coming on = DRL both side on
Very weird.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:19 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Thanks for the clarification.

Definitely sounds like an issue with the A3 wiring from the harness side. When you pull it out you can try swapping sides to confirm, but I think this is the adapter rather than the car or signal bar.

You're earlier thought on the diode is probably on target. I'd guess the solder joints are bad, the diode was installed backwards, or you just got a bad one. It's also possible that the resistor to ground bad or not connected securely.

Wish there was some answer I could offer that didn't involve pulling the adapter off. Sorry

Old 11-22-2015, 08:06 PM
hkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Thanks for the clarification.

Definitely sounds like an issue with the A3 wiring from the harness side. When you pull it out you can try swapping sides to confirm, but I think this is the adapter rather than the car or signal bar.

You're earlier thought on the diode is probably on target. I'd guess the solder joints are bad, the diode was installed backwards, or you just got a bad one. It's also possible that the resistor to ground bad or not connected securely.

Wish there was some answer I could offer that didn't involve pulling the adapter off. Sorry
Thank you very much for your advice

Old 12-26-2018, 06:48 PM
Fahad M Alahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
I did a second set of these (that look a lot better than mine!) for another forum member, so I've added a For Sale posting to offer it to others as well.

Please do not post requests in this thread for me to build them for you. If you want me to build them, read the For Sale posting and follow it's instructions.
I just made a conversion and my DRL not working how can I purchase ?
Please reply how can I go to for sale and how can I find your harness ?