Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

DIY - How to Change Clear Sidemarker Lens + Bulbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 09:58 PM
SStyle is on a distinguished road
I have these on my pig and they're great. Gives it a more modern look. Install is super easy plug and play.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
No install guide, but they swap out just like the OEM halogen markers and plug right into the wiring harness. Someone posted a DIY not too long ago which should help:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ens-bulbs.html

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 05-04-2015, 02:38 PM
jab23 has a spectacular aura aboutjab23 has a spectacular aura about
Just wanted to say thanks to kechang for the detailed DIY here. I bought my clear markers and chrome bulbs before I even had my GTS. Took me 5 minutes to switch them out. Only thing I would add is put a piece of painters tape under the side marke before pulling it out with the fishing line. You have to pull pretty hard and I nicked my paint (very minor) when the marker popped out.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:06 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
glad to have helped, but perhaps maybe your GTS was driven for a while so maybe there's grimes stuck behind the lens that made it harder to pull out

mine was fairly easy and didn't use any effort at all

but the tape is a good idea for those that wants some protection

Old 05-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Great info! Love the picture quality.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 01-11-2016, 06:17 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
subscribed

Old 01-21-2016, 11:42 AM
9000RPM is a jewel in the rough9000RPM is a jewel in the rough9000RPM is a jewel in the rough
Saw this thread and decided to order a pair along with the aluminum brake and gas pedal for $103 shipped.

I didn't get any bulbs with my order so I'm thinking to just run the original amber bulb and just replace the sidemarker. Is this okay? Will the original bulb melt this housing?

Old 01-22-2016, 03:47 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 9000RPM
Saw this thread and decided to order a pair along with the aluminum brake and gas pedal for $103 shipped.

I didn't get any bulbs with my order so I'm thinking to just run the original amber bulb and just replace the sidemarker. Is this okay? Will the original bulb melt this housing?
nope, you'll be fine, it'll be just like OEM setup changing from amber to clear

only thing you need to worry about is the eggyolk look that many people don't like

Old 01-22-2016, 04:10 PM
9000RPM is a jewel in the rough9000RPM is a jewel in the rough9000RPM is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kechang
nope, you'll be fine, it'll be just like OEM setup changing from amber to clear

only thing you need to worry about is the eggyolk look that many people don't like

Thanks. I'm planning on running it until I find a suitable CANBUS LED with a projector head. I have a pair of AZNOptics for my license plate but they would look weird in the clear housing.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:11 AM
westsiderkg is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the help! Took 10 minutes to install both lights. This is a must upgrade, looks much better in person on my black on black cayenne S! I am sticking with the ECS kit, hopefully the bulbs will last. Will report back at a later date.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:56 PM
matt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to all
Thanks for the DIY and bulb info.
I was going to change to clear LED markers this weekend.
You just saved me an hour.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:12 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Saw these the other day on a black 958 and the bright DRL like light ring caught my eyes. Apparently the white light needs to be wired to switched 12v to act like DRL, while the amber uses existing harness for turn signal.

Anybody know of any good nearby spot to tap into switched 12V? Or even tapped into the factory DRL LED's directly?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	457865   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l16001.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	457866  
Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2016, 06:09 AM
spyderman33 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by steph280
Saw these the other day on a black 958 and the bright DRL like light ring caught my eyes. Apparently the white light needs to be wired to switched 12v to act like DRL, while the amber uses existing harness for turn signal.

Anybody know of any good nearby spot to tap into switched 12V? Or even tapped into the factory DRL LED's directly?
I bought these too but havent connected them to the DRL yet.. seemed complicated unless you know what you are looking for.

I will see if anyone replies with some ideas.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:00 PM
kwp1911 is just really nicekwp1911 is just really nicekwp1911 is just really nicekwp1911 is just really nice
I had to replace a bulb today. The and cord had come apart from the housing. So I had to fish under the hood for it and run it back through the fender. Weird as no work had been done on it ever before.

Instead of using the thread/floss trick, I put tape on the end of a screwdriver and pried it loose.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:17 PM
RickDC is on a distinguished road
Be super careful though... I ordered some LED side markers off eBay (very similar to the ones above). Just plug and play. After a few weeks, the rear 3 led's on both sides started to flicker and went out.

Contacted the seller, was going to do a swap, but then figured I preferred it with just the lit up forward part. Since then I've had random electric "bugs". Rear tail-light would go out. Had one or two errors about the fuel tanker level sensor. Radio would reboot randomly. More seriously, had an issue where the car would run very very rough, surging idle - happened 3-4 times over 6 months.

Removed the LED side lights and just replaced them with a clear marker and white LED, and for the past 2 months - had no gremlins. Now it could be co-incidence, but I can't help but see a relationship.. I don't want to put the old LED markers in to prove a point! ;-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY - How to Change Clear Sidemarker Lens + Bulbs