Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Just FYI: Lloyd Mats Possibly Unsafe for Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Car-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond repute
Message Removed

Message Removed

Last edited by Car-Narcissist; 06-29-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:12 AM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
thanks for the info, but any reason why you've gone with the Llyod mats over the OEM one?

Old 03-12-2014, 12:53 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kechang
thanks for the info, but any reason why you've gone with the Llyod mats over the OEM one?
The OEM "plush" mats are garbage. I swapped mine out right about 4k and my heel was already wearing through be pile and foam back.

I moved to the OEM all weather mats and have been happy with them so far. Higher walls might have been nice this winter, but most of the time they fit the bill fine for me.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:26 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
ahhh, good thing the first thing I did was to swap to the OEM rubber mats

I noticed the OEM carpet mats are extremely hard to keep clean

Old 03-13-2014, 05:18 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
I replaced my Luxor beige OE mats with dark brown Lloyd Luxe on Day One. Besides wearing longer and easier to clean, they (and a matching cargo mat) provide much needed color contrast in an otherwise overly beige interior. Plus, I'll have a nice new set of mats to install when selling or trading.

But I don't agree that the driver mat necessarily represents a safety issue. The tachometer says I get the same amount of full throttle revs regardless of whether there's an OE or Lloyd Luxe mat on the driver side. Having said that, perhaps you bought the thicker Ultimat.

//greg//

Last edited by grohgreg; 03-13-2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:12 AM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
My only issue with the Lloyd's mats is that the placement of the anchor tabs is garbage. I can't even use them on the two rear mats at all! The fitment on the front mats is so-so as well. I'd give them about a B+ in terms of fitment.

Agree with gnat about the factory plus mats. I pulled them out with only a few thousand miles on them and couldn't believe how worn they were.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:26 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
The tabs on mine swivel, allowing what amounts to a perfect fit - and better overall coverage that OE

//greg//