Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Pirelli Pzero tire life question and road force from Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:37 AM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fkim011
I've had nothing but bad experiences with Continentals.

Tire tread came uneven at new, excessive road noise and very low grip compared to the other manufacturers.
maybe fake conti? what you say is mostly came with chinese "noname" tires...

Old 05-23-2014, 01:17 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
I had 22" pirellis. they lasted 26k, because I didn't rotate them at all. the rears were worn but the fronts still had a lot of life. Plan on rotating the Toyos I replaced them with every 5000

Old 05-23-2014, 01:51 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
no disrespect to the Diesel guys, But why the heck does it need PZero ( of any model)?

Buy a longer lasting, quieter, better riding tire unless you plan on tracking it, live next to the autobahn, or drive like a maniac all the time.

I swapped out Dimairis to Lattitude HP on my Mom's full size Range Rover Supercharged, they lasted TWICE as long as the Dimairis, rode better, quieter etc.

Roadforce is necessary due to the rotating mass of such a large wheel, the old dynamic balancers won't work on that big of a wheel. Also, I have to Roadforce the 20 inch Pzero's on My Dad's BC GTC every 5K because they have a tendency to flat spot easily.

Last edited by wpgfordguy; 05-23-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:49 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
I went with the pirellis because the 295s were on sale at tire rack, and I have tracked my diesel twice. Once for kicks at a private track day at a small course, and once when my race car broke while doing an instructor clinic at VIR and I had one more session to complete it for my instructor license.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Serg124
maybe fake conti? what you say is mostly came with chinese "noname" tires...
No they were real. It came from an authorized dealership. It just had to rounded/shaved...I don't know the proper term but sending it back wasn't an option because I had to do a road trip the following day and I needed new tires...

Old 05-26-2014, 07:23 AM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by powdercoatmike
I went with the pirellis because the 295s were on sale at tire rack, and I have tracked my diesel twice. Once for kicks at a private track day at a small course, and once when my race car broke while doing an instructor clinic at VIR and I had one more session to complete it for my instructor license.
OK, forget what I said then.

See if you can get Hankook Evo V12's in extra load in your size then. I've had excellent luck with them on multiple cars.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:03 AM
xray doc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by xray doc
I have stock Michelin Latitude 21 inch tires on a Cayenne Turbo and judging on the wear after nine thousand miles if I get 20,000 including the rotation I'll be lucky.

One thing I must add is that most car manufacturers will tune their suspensions to a specific tire, i.e., what they give you as a stock tire, and will supposedly give you the best ride and performance for that car. However, this may not lend to best tread life.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:50 PM
bones boy is on a distinguished road
I got 10k out of stock 21" Yokohama Advans. Outside of the rears were completely bare. Trying Contis now.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:52 PM
negb is on a distinguished road
I was a bit shocked when I had measured mine summer tires

255/40 & 295/35 R20 PIRELLI PZeroHero (Y) XL (N1) FSL

after having them on road for 1800km (~1100miles). Front tires are just 6mm and rear less then 5mm

Old 06-15-2016, 04:50 PM
I made a switch to Michelin Latitude Green (low rolling resistance) in the same size. Tire performance and tire noise are equivalent with my driving style. However, tread life seems a bit better. BTW, there has be no improved MPG as is suggested by Michelin.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:30 PM
[SS]Shooter will become famous soon enough[SS]Shooter will become famous soon enough
I made a switch to Michelin Latitude Green (low rolling resistance) in the same size. Tire performance and tire noise are equivalent with my driving style. However, tread life seems a bit better. BTW, there has be no improved MPG as is suggested by Michelin.
How's the grip? LRR tires are supposed to have ****-poor grip according to some people's reviews of them.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:45 PM
I don't track the thing. I have not noticed a decrease in grip with spirited driving. I'm sure at the limit there would be a decrease.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:59 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
with mine PIRELLI PZeroHero (Y) XL (N1) FSL I feel very poor grip, during winter time with MICHELIN PILOT ALPIN PA4 (V) (N0) RP I had no slipping on clean road like I do have now in the same situations ....

Old 06-21-2016, 08:28 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Pretty certain there is an increase in efficiency, yes it may be small.
Depends on what methods you use to measure your MPG.
Pure and simple, the new Latitude Pilot Sport 3 (green) are lighter.
Therefore, less rolling, rotating mass and a measurable increase in efficiency should be a given (all else the same).

I have 4k miles on my new Sport 3 set.
At this point, they are better than my last two sets of PZERO (21").
The pZero's were loud near the end of life and i only got about 10k per set.
Granted, lifespan of Sport 3 is tbd for now.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:17 AM
shrid is an unknown quantity at this point

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pirelli Pzero tire life question and road force from Dealer