Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

958 CTT Fabspeed Cat Bypass pipe install - success!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 11:55 AM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Just installed the cat bypass and thanks to the tips here it went pretty smoothly.

Ran into an issue installing the mufflers since I was under the impression the fabspeed simply bolts on but looks like I need to cut the OEM piping which I'm not too comfortable doing... Anyone done a muffler swap? Any tips?

almost every aftermarket exhaust requires cutting/sawzall to change the mufflers. most all are usually the slip on style with clamp. the only exhaust that doesn't require cutting for the cayenne is probably akropovic. I had access to a lift when I installed my mufflers, laying on your back with jack stands would probably be a pain in the ***. any muffler or tuner shop should be able to install them for you.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:09 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Figured that after looking at the oem system. Just wish fabspeed would have stated that before I took on the install...

Old 08-25-2014, 08:44 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Just installed the cat bypass and thanks to the tips here it went pretty smoothly.

Ran into an issue installing the mufflers since I was under the impression the fabspeed simply bolts on but looks like I need to cut the OEM piping which I'm not too comfortable doing... Anyone done a muffler swap? Any tips?
Great to hear it was helpful for your install.

I'm interested in your Fabspeed muffler install since i'm tempted to take that install on too.
I'm also interested in your review of what the Fabspeed muffler and bypass pipe combo sounds like.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:42 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
So finally was able to do the exhaust after running into some fitment issues with the piping not fitting over the oem piping... Had to loosen the oem pipes (the ones that go In between the muffler and sec cats) so everything could line up easier.

Overall impression... Its okkkk. I'm more use to louder systems that's all. Came from a few 997 Tt with catless system so take it for what it is. I think the majority of members would be happy with it I just wanted something louder. I was able to hear the CTT with no mufflers hooked up and to be honest would have drove it like that if I could

With the mufflers now its probably a 6-7 of oem is a 2-3 and oem w/ cat delete a 5.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:20 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Thanks for following up!
Glad you got it installed. Your rating/comparison is helpful.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:28 PM
ndx
ndx is on a distinguished road
Video V Sound would be great

Old 09-16-2014, 04:48 AM
Dubai_CS08 is on a distinguished road
Old 09-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by Dubai_CS08
Sounds good. What is it?

Last edited by BlazinPond; 09-16-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Sounds good. What is it?
Thanks !
It is a Custom muffler from Fox exhausts in Dubai.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dubai_CS08
Thanks !
It is a Custom muffler from Fox exhausts in Dubai.
Do you still have the secondary catalytic converter pipes in place or did they remove them (Secondary Cat bypass)?

Old 09-19-2014, 10:45 PM
C's Bimmer is on a distinguished road
This is so great to hear. My Fabspeed pipes arrive next week and I'm really looking forward to installing them. Thank you for the great write up!

Old 09-20-2014, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
This is so great to hear. My Fabspeed pipes arrive next week and I'm really looking forward to installing them. Thank you for the great write up!
No problem - thanks for the feedback!

It's strange that i often find myself turning down the stereo to listen to the sound of the motor/exhaust instead.

I'm actually considering the Fabspeed Maxflo Sport Performance exhaust system next.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:27 AM
C's Bimmer is on a distinguished road
No problem - thanks for the feedback!

It's strange that i often find myself turning down the stereo to listen to the sound of the motor/exhaust instead.

I'm actually considering the Fabspeed Maxflo Sport Performance exhaust system next.
It's funny you mention this -- on my M6 Gran Coupe, I'm running AMS Downpipes, LXR Midpipes and the Meistershaft GT Exhaust w Wireless Valve Control and Black 102mm tips. I also have the car tuned with BMS and upped the boost to +5psi. The list of what I've done to both M's is a little nuts. LOL! It is so insanely loud, it's scary. On top of that, stock HP/TQ was 575/550 at the crank, respectively (It has the Comp Package). It's being dyno'ed next week, but owners who have similar set-ups showed mid to high 6's to the wheels and high 6's for TQ. I actually don't put the car in M2 mode anymore, because the rear wheels won't stick to the ground, no matter how long I warm up the tires. My 08 M5 (original owner), has the full RPi GT exhaust system, Pulleys, Scoops, Blockoff plates, BMC Filters and Tune, which paired with the V10, makes this car a screamer. Obviously, it's a NA engine, not a TT like the new one, but it really changed the whole sound and performance of the car. However, the new system on my M6 GC blows it away, both in sound and performance. It's really quite scary; the difference between both cars. The main reason I got the wireless valve system on the M6 was to keep the wife and kids happy...and my neighbors. Hahaha!

I love the sound of both cars and rarely play my stereo for this very reason, so I totally get it! You should def do the full system on your CTT. I'm just sticking with the Bypass pipes on the GTS, since this is the wife's car. Can't wait to see the pictures, videos and your review, once you install it and have the car adapt to it.

Last edited by C's Bimmer; 09-20-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Do you still have the secondary catalytic converter pipes in place or did they remove them (Secondary Cat bypass)?
Yes, i still have the secondary cat converter i just replaced the muffler with fox muffler

Old 07-12-2015, 11:50 PM
2FAST! is on a distinguished road
Sounds great! Does the Akrapovič Exhaust render the Sport Exhaust button useless?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 958 CTT Fabspeed Cat Bypass pipe install - success!