Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

oil reset tool x-200? anyone know if this really works?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 11:37 AM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
oil reset tool x-200? anyone know if this really works?

I stumbled across this on youtube, does anyone know if it actually works? has anybody purchased one?

http://www.eobd2.net/wholesale/oil-r...-200-3017.html

Old 08-23-2014, 12:03 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
At $200 for that, I would spring for a Durametric cable for a little more.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:14 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
What MY do you have Mike? Reading through the notes it appears that it only supports MYs 11 and 12 which makes sense as I believe they switched to a more secure ECU in 13.

The obvious plus at that price would be that it works on other cars where the Dura only supports Porsches. So if it works and you have other cars supported by it, then I could see value in it since the Dura doesn't currently do any more than that appears to on the 958.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:42 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I believe you have to have the 2nd gen Dura cable and v6 of the software to work with the 958s.

Otherwise what you are proposing is supporting someone that did very little work themselves, just reverse engineered Durham's work (if they even did that much), and actively gives away Durham's software. The "Porsche Cable" isn't a matter of someone else doing something cheaper/better. It is stolen and misrepresented technology.

Durham has busted his *** and filled a gap for the Porsche community with a good product. Please support him rather than a knock off from a thief.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:39 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by calibra1010
yes I can confirm that the the cable from www.porschecable.com works. Saves me taking it to dealer and also on resetting the service lights. A must have in my opinion.
It's nice you guys (with 2 and 3 posts) are advocating buying a rip-off cable that illegally uses Durametric's software. And that strangely enough - ALL your posts are ones basically promoting this crappola. There have been enough reports on how these cables not only don't work - but may damage your Porsche.

Cheap SOB's aren't you? Reported..