Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

What are you folks carrying for long trips?

Old 04-07-2015, 02:24 PM
TRM
TRM will become famous soon enoughTRM will become famous soon enough
What are you folks carrying for long trips?

Heading down to SC in June for my step-son's graduation from Marines boot camp. We're planning to drive and the 958 is the perfect choice.

I have a breaker bar and socket, tire patch kit, work gloves, oil and rags and some bungee chords in the back.

Anything else you'd recommend for a long haul.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:33 PM
TSAF NKUF is on a distinguished road
I take a bottle of antifreeze on long hauls also.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Always Up will become famous soon enoughAlways Up will become famous soon enough
I have a mini compressor in the back along with extension cord and 25' Jumper cables, also some beach towels (useful for protection when you have to fold the back seats down and for beaches)

Old 04-07-2015, 04:45 PM
63SWC is on a distinguished road
I carry a triple A card as a back up to

Roadside Assistance
Porsche drivers are entitled to roadside assistance services anywhere in Canada and the United States. Roadside assistance can be obtained by dialing 1-800-PORSCHE, the 24-hour toll-free number. Porsche's Roadside Assistance program is available for the duration of the New Vehicle Warranty, as well as the duration of Porsche's Pre-Owned Vehicle Warranty.

Roadside Assistance Services include:
Emergency Towing
Emergency Jump Start
Emergency Tire Assistance
Emergency Fuel Delivery
Lock-Out Assistance
Extrication/Winch Service
Trip Interruption
Porsche Roadside Assistance
In the event you have any questions regarding your Porsche, please contact us for assistance at 1-800-PORSCHE, Option 3. It is our goal to exceed your customer care expectations.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:03 PM
mep1811 is on a distinguished road
I would get a plug kit rather than a patch kit much faster to repair. I carry A small compressor, 5lb C02 tank , tow strap, emergency triangles, a magnetic work light and full sized spare.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:19 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
I have aftermarket wheels and I am usually towing my racecar.

I forget what its called, but I have a kit that lets me use an old style diesel pump with the car, as I have once encountered a station in Alabama where I couldn't pump the diesel.

Also, I carry one of my oem wheels and tire, in case of flat. I'm pretty sure its not a great idea to tow with the inflatable spare.

Other than that, I have my full tool kit for the racecar.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:20 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mep1811
I would get a plug kit rather than a patch kit much faster to repair. I carry A small compressor, 5lb C02 tank , tow strap, emergency triangles, a magnetic work light and full sized spare.

bad land sexpeditions, or badlands expeditions? The first seems like it might be more fun!

Old 04-08-2015, 06:49 AM
mjp911 will become famous soon enough
Extra oil

Old 04-08-2015, 06:17 PM
oil is a good one. always seems I need to add oil when on a trip. Also lets me know its time for the 5000 mile oil change at the same time, as I use a quart every cycle

Old 04-08-2015, 08:09 PM
KBahn is on a distinguished road
Tubeless plug kit, mini-compressor, AAA roadside emergency kit with tow rope, first aid kit and a credit card to cover everything else..! We just did a run from Chicago to southern Florida and back and picked up a puncture south of Atlanta - having the kit meant a 20 minute roadside stop and a (slower) 70 mile drive to Savannah where we got the tire repaired properly in about 90 minutes. Call roadside assistance and kiss goodbye to half the day minimum...

Old 04-08-2015, 08:16 PM
KBahn is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah... And as per the prior posts (with a planning twist) - check your oil level before you leave and top it up - you don't need to carry a quart with you if it's over half full before you set out...

Old 04-10-2015, 06:43 AM
TRM
TRM will become famous soon enoughTRM will become famous soon enough
thanks guys! great ideas of other stuff to carry. my mistake i have a "plug kit" not a patch kit...already have used it on one of the Pirelli's since i purchased back in March.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:26 PM
63SWC is on a distinguished road
I have added a safety seal tire plug kit, i did not think of time to get AAA
Or other emergency service onsite.
Since i have a spare tire with a compressor the tire plug kit would be the fastest way to get back on the road.

I also carry a foursevens led flashlight that charges via usb (Regen MMR-X )

-cheers

Old 04-11-2015, 05:17 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I always take a full sized spare, lug socket, breaker bar, and jack. Also tire plugs. Once got two flats in one month, and now extra cautious.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:22 PM
93RSAmerica is on a distinguished road
As we go off-road beyond cell phone coverage we carry two full sized AT2 Grabber tires and a TJM Tire Repair Kit. ARB also has a Tire Repair Kit.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What are you folks carrying for long trips?