Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Speed limit display? Howto? 2011 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 03:58 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Speed limit display? Howto? 2011 Turbo

I managed to get it up once, pretty much by accident. It's the speed limit display, shown in the multi-display on the instrument cluster, I believe when the map mode is selected. It was shown at the top of the screen.

I did it - and didn't know I had to save my settings to keep it there.

I'd love to have this on the display since speed seems to gather all by itself on the turbo.

Anyone have a step by step? I read the entire PCM book (which is really rather boring - and a bit confusing since it's for multiple models that use a similar but not quite identical PCM) without finding a clue or even mention of it.

I'd put it down to a figment of my imagination - except I *DID* see it..

HELP!

Old 02-18-2016, 04:52 PM
RickDC is on a distinguished road
On my 2014CD the way I found on my multi-function display by the tach was:

- Goto VEHICLE
- Click down to SETTINGS
- Down to DISPLAY
- Down to PCM DISPLAY
- Enable or disable SPEED LIMIT

Hope that helps!

Old 02-18-2016, 09:06 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Rick,

Thanks. Just set it - and stored it this time. Will know tomorrow if it actually works.

Thanks much!

Old 02-19-2016, 06:51 AM
jab23 has a spectacular aura aboutjab23 has a spectacular aura about
Timely. Mine went away after a software upgrade during my oil change. Hope I can get it back!

Old 02-19-2016, 04:12 PM
It WORKED!

Yehaaa! Thanks Rick!

Old 02-19-2016, 04:33 PM
RickDC is on a distinguished road
Yay! You're very welcome Don :-)

Old 02-19-2016, 11:03 PM
Only disappointment - it's not terribly accurate (compared to the one on my Garmin based BMW Motorrad GPS).. as I pass a 50MPH sign, on a road that's been 50MPH for at least the past 45 years I've been driving on it - the speed indicator is showing the limit as 55MPH. The reverse on another road I've traveled for years - indicated 50MPH limit on a road that's been 55MPH for at least decades.

I think they need a more accurate map set.

Also noticed - the GPS sometimes tells you one thing and shows another on the map. At an intersection that led into a traffic circle the other day, it wanted me to turn left while in the through road on the circle (think of a circle with a traffic light in the middle, two intersecting roads, and straight through paths for those roads - a circle with a cross in it (only in NJ.. we have some very odd circles..)

Big sign "No left turn" there. That's what Helga (who lives in the car) was demanding I do.. turn left, but - the display showed the path as being around the circle 3/4 of the way and then turning right, which is the correct way.

Just seemed rather odd that part of the system had it correct, and the other part had you doing an illegal left turn.

I'm guessing it's because in Germany they would NEVER EVER design a circle with cross-roads going through it (it does sort of defeat the purpose of the circle.) When I was riding in Germany - things were very standardized, very correct, and well thought out. A circle works wonderfully with some driver discipline. Never have to stop, just slow a bit and merge in. That unfortunately isn't how it works in the US, especially in NJ (which invented the traffic circle according to local lore) - where each circle has it's own rules, and none of them are standardized.

But - I digress.. Nice to have a display even if I don't necessarily believe it.