Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New stable mate for the turbo!

Old 12-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TJtheDJ
I'm in Pittsburgh and shopping for those wheels and I could use the tires as well. Let me know when you make a decision to sell. Thanks!
I've sold the OEM 21's already.

I do have a set of OEM 19's for sale... I understand it may not be the look you are after, but just in case you are interested.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Couple pics i snapped - nothing great, but figured i would share. I really like the new wheel color much better.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:17 PM
TJtheDJ will become famous soon enough
I like!

Old 12-10-2016, 01:33 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Nice look. I think you nailed it.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:50 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
It is a nice look. Sort of a contrast though, all that work to get the blacked out trim and then bright chrome barrels? The dust... the dust... aaiiiieee, brake cleanup...

Old 12-12-2016, 09:03 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Are you planning on selling the stock turbo rims?

Old 12-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by TJtheDJ
I like!
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Nice look. I think you nailed it.
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by wkearney99
It is a nice look. Sort of a contrast though, all that work to get the blacked out trim and then bright chrome barrels? The dust... the dust... aaiiiieee, brake cleanup...
My original plan was more of a black chrome barrel. Wasn't able to get the look i was planning, so this is a nice compromise. The bolts are gloss black and the face is a gunmetalish color, so i think it ties it all together pretty well, but agree, i would've preferred the black chrome lips but wasn't wanting to paint the lips black or gunmetal.

The nice thing is i can always remove the black wrap on the window trim and roof rails if i ever want to change the look.

Originally Posted by White Rock
Are you planning on selling the stock turbo rims?
Unfortunately I sold those a fair bit ago here locally.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:00 AM
Agreed, the contrast is a nice look. And clearly you're more responsible at keeping 'em cleaner than I'd ever manage!

I intended to order the gunmetal RS Spyder rims but the dealer ordered the black. I appreciate the black for it's dust-hiding benefit, heh. I'm debating winter options and may get the Sport Classic 5 spoke in gunmetal gray.

Last edited by wkearney99; 12-14-2016 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:37 PM
EuroZ06 is on a distinguished road
Sorry man, i liked the original wheels more.

But on another topic, how did u take off the rear lettering and get it back on? I also want to remove cayenne from there.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by EuroZ06
But on another topic, how did u take off the rear lettering and get it back on? I also want to remove cayenne from there.
They're attached with just adhesive. Use strong monofilament/fishing line to 'cut' them loose and then clean off the adhesive residue. Then just order either factory or aftermarket replacements.

Another option is to use Plastidip spray to color them differently. It'll peel off around the edges of the lettering pretty easily if you get to it soon after application.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by EuroZ06
Sorry man, i liked the original wheels more.

No worries - to each their own.

As for the lettering. It is very easy to do.

I use a heat gun to heat up the glue then grab the emblem and sort of twist/pull and they come off pretty easily. Any residue glue can be sort of rolled off with your finger or you can use goo gone or something similar as a last resort. Then I used my buffer with a polish to ensure any ghosting was removed as well.

Fishing line as stated above can also be used, however with heat gun it tends to leave less glue behind.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Yep, heat guns work, just take care not to wreck the paint. I find heat guns are never the right tool in my hands. I really avoid using them when the job involves a surface that'd be expensive to repair. Because I've paid to correct my heat gun mistakes...

On other vehicles I've found Turtle Wax T529 to do a good job of cleaning off adhesive residues.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:27 PM
jab23 has a spectacular aura aboutjab23 has a spectacular aura about
These wheels look much better!! All the mods have come together nicely.

For those wondering about emblem DIY....I used a hairdryer.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...k-emblems.html

Old 01-08-2017, 05:41 AM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
HEY!!!!!!! Where did the Ohio State hitch plug go!!!! That was my favorite mod!

Quick question....Did you tint over your factory tint? I had my front windows tinted to match the back but I feel like my GTS windows do not have dark tint at all. Yours look great.

Last edited by Marpir821; 01-08-2017 at 05:46 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Marpir821
HEY!!!!!!! Where did the Ohio State hitch plug go!!!! That was my favorite mod!

Quick question....Did you tint over your factory tint? I had my front windows tinted to match the back but I feel like my GTS windows do not have dark tint at all. Yours look great.
Sorry, haven't been on the cayenne forum in a bit.

Ha ha i still have it - but it was a bit bigger than i planned - I still have the OSU sticker on the window though!

Yes i did tint over factory, i do not recall the %, maybe 30-35%? Not positive - although i did not tint the rear window as i like to be able to see out the back while driving at night and the OEM isn't too light.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New stable mate for the turbo!