Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Costco Tire Damaged My Wheel!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:59 PM
CayennePepper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mto
Costco is one of the highest customer satisfaction companies. I bet they will take care of it for you. Any biz can make a mistake, their true colors is how they respond.

Agree, the refinishing places are amazing.
Agreed, I feel it also has to do with attitude as well. When I first approached the supervisor since the manager wasn't there, he tried to deflect blame a bit (our machines don't touch that part of the wheel), but when I emailed the manager, I was polite, basically saying "hey man, I understand things happen, I'm not trying to get a new wheel or anything, I just want to fix the gouge".

I saw some other posts in other forums where people would make a scene in the lobby until the tire shop manager would relent and pay for new wheels. I'm glad Costco agreed to take care of that, because it takes a different person than I am to start shouting and making a big scene to get something out of someone.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:55 PM
CayennePepper is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: instead of fixing it, they just cut me a $250 check, or rather, their insurance company did. Better than nothing I guess, make sure to always take pictures of your wheels/body panels before dropping your car off!

Old 08-11-2021, 10:50 AM
Gleninyorbalinda is an unknown quantity at this point
Costco damaged my Rims All FOUR

Originally Posted by CayennePepper
Thanks for the feedback guys! I brought it there yesterday, the manager wasn't there but a supervisor took a look and said "I'm not sure how that could've happened since our machines only touch the rim edge". I told him I wasn't sure either but it wasnt there before, this is the first time the wheels have ever been off the car. He said he'll talk to the manager and they could probably get me reimbursed for a refinish.

I'm going back again today since the manager is there.

There were also little scratch marks in the lug nut holes, but I guess that type of damage is inevitable with an impact, so Im going to let that slide, I'm more concerned about the gouge.

Also, I went to costco because in my mind they were a more "premium" option. They pay their employees well, they service only tires so they have probably more experience with it, and their equipment seems all brand new.
all four rims and tires covered in white powder when I picked up car. After washing at home I noticed all four rims scraped and chipped. On way back right now for an explanation. Tbey tried to hide their error now I want video surveillance from that day of me leaving. I have pics of tires say before I brought it in. Newyorkgem@gmail.com glen

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.