Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Just bought a cayenne, are these holes normal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 02:26 PM
Defratos is on a distinguished road
Question Just bought a cayenne, are these holes normal?

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, just bought a 2016 GTS yesterday and was going over the car this morning and noticed random holes on the front seats (both driver and passenger) in different locations, holes look very random. Is this normal?

My seats have heating and ventilation, any help would be appreciated:

Name:  75318225-3242-43E6-A869-DD9B069D5796_zpsenektntk.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  145.7 KB

Old 03-10-2017, 04:50 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Congrats on purchase. Great interior color. My ventilated seat do not have it.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Thanks, are your seats black? Because they're difficult to see from all angels and in black it'll be harder to see.

looking around the net I found a GTS for sale that looks to have the same type of holes like mine.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:23 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Which holes do you mean? The tight grid pattern of holes is for the ventilation of the seats. I don't see any other holes in your photo.. "random" holes.. can you circle the ones you're concerned about? I do see some staining of the leather on the front knee bolster. I suspect someone was eating in the car and dribbled something greasy there.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Tom M will become famous soon enoughTom M will become famous soon enough
What it looks like to me is that the seats may have been cleaned/treated with something that plugged up most of the perforations.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:08 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom M
What it looks like to me is that the seats may have been cleaned/treated with something that plugged up most of the perforations.
Possible if something like Leatherique was used..

Old 03-11-2017, 01:24 AM
Thanks for your thoughts, and I believe you might be right because the dealer detailed the car before I took delivery.

The car is brand new, it was in storage for a year or so but I saw it when it came in and was all covered in the original plastic covers.

The sad thing is this was done at the dealers and I paid extra to get the care fully detailed, guess their standards are crap:

any suggestions if this can be fixed? or will the dealer have to change the seats lol?

here are more close up pics of the driver side, and after that the passenger seat:

Driver seat:

Name:  B734CDCD-D63C-4F01-B584-76C838D8E763_zpsr3yt9cbu.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  161.2 KB

passenger seat:

Name:  81143073-FD78-41EF-AB70-A9D280C0E5F6_zpsu5n9njgy.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  192.0 KB

Name:  58508027-21F7-41EF-8CF7-866BCB2410DD_zpsojgv5c5b.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  208.9 KB

Name:  0C768E75-C7B6-4C6A-BE6F-B6D8B9CCF76D_zps2p1iu6jw.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  201.0 KB

Old 03-11-2017, 06:46 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Just had my turbo seats cleaned for the same issue. Most detailers have a tool to go under the leather and clear the holes. Cost $100, but the dealer should cover this in good faith

Old 03-11-2017, 06:48 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Is there something under the leather, in the foam, showing the discoloration through? That's kind of how it appears from the pictures.

A youtube vid taken with your phone might be informative, if you film it while pressing down on the material showing how the appearance changes.

If it's something in the foam under the leather I'd imagine it could be replaced. But, like I'd be sitting down when asking the price.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:49 AM
I would, however, NOT attempt to clean it without having someone known for cleaning leather take a close look at it.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:13 AM
Sybco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wkearney99
I would, however, NOT attempt to clean it without having someone known for cleaning leather take a close look at it.
the dealer absolutely needs to make this right, you should demand that if them. Now for the future hole in your wallet caused by ownership, not much can be done for that 😎

Old 03-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sybco
the dealer absolutely needs to make this right, you should demand that if them. Now for the future hole in your wallet caused by ownership, not much can be done for that 😎
I suppose the level of indigence might be relative to whether it was bought new or used. The latter no doubt coming with some degree of 'as-in' expected.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:21 PM
It's a new vehicle - said so above. I'd suggest visiting the dealer.

Old 03-12-2017, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by wkearney99
Is there something under the leather, in the foam, showing the discoloration through? That's kind of how it appears from the pictures.

A youtube vid taken with your phone might be informative, if you film it while pressing down on the material showing how the appearance changes.

If it's something in the foam under the leather I'd imagine it could be replaced. But, like I'd be sitting down when asking the price.
Yeah it's kind of hard to see at times from different angels.

Originally Posted by Sybco
Originally Posted by deilenberger
It's a new vehicle - said so above. I'd suggest visiting the dealer.
I've spoken to the salesman who sold me the car and I'll be dropping the car off sometime today for them to rectify the problem.

Will keep you guys updated on what happens and thanks for the help.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:15 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
have the same issues on most if not all off my Porsches w/ perforated seats. normal cause for me is leather cleaner/conditioner getting into the small holes and not able to come out. more detailers are smart enough to spray the cleaner on a towel and not directly on the seat which causes what you see. on black it isn't as noticeable...

White Rock, any idea how your detailer gets rid of it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.