Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne S almost mine! Little intro for you guys lol

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 09:34 PM
MayorMcCheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Cayenne S almost mine! Little intro for you guys lol

Guys hello!

I have newly joined this forum although I am not sure if this is the correct Porsche Cayenne forum lol with tens of thousands of posts on here I hope it is lol

Little background on me is I am a huge car guy I love to mod cars I have if your interested ill show u some of my cars I have a KB1 Acura RL fully bolted on unbelievable attention to detail for keeping it clean lol (2005 RL) super sport michelins on 19s etc

I am really close to signing the papers on a 2012 Cayenne S.. has all the options I want (sport/comfort dial, air lift dial and I think axel locking dial? It also has the panoramic sunroof it has 65XXX miles with really good service record from checking ECUs/Powertrains, new valve covers, new spark plugs all done at Porsche Service.. then sold to a respected dealer with good reviews and from what ive read with reviews and my own opinion having dealing with them I can vouch for the good dealership

My question guys is how are you fellas doing with your cayennes? I am a big DIY guy I have mechanics for all different jobs too I am good pricing out parts cheap but this is a Cayenne S this is a new level of car ownership for me.

I have been going back and forth on here and Rennlist forum and im happy to know that the service recall #AH08 REPLACE FASTENING SCREWS ON CAR has been fixed.
I see these may have transfer case issues some mor reported on the Turbo model but still on S models too and dont believe Porsche when they say the transfer case fluid is a lifetime fluid

Thank you to whoever sat there and read this **** lol

Dan

Old 07-05-2017, 10:39 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
Guys hello!

I have newly joined this forum although I am not sure if this is the correct Porsche Cayenne forum lol with tens of thousands of posts on here I hope it is lol

Little background on me is I am a huge car guy I love to mod cars I have if your interested ill show u some of my cars I have a KB1 Acura RL fully bolted on unbelievable attention to detail for keeping it clean lol (2005 RL) super sport michelins on 19s etc

I am really close to signing the papers on a 2012 Cayenne S.. has all the options I want (sport/comfort dial, air lift dial and I think axel locking dial? It also has the panoramic sunroof it has 65XXX miles with really good service record from checking ECUs/Powertrains, new valve covers, new spark plugs all done at Porsche Service.. then sold to a respected dealer with good reviews and from what ive read with reviews and my own opinion having dealing with them I can vouch for the good dealership

My question guys is how are you fellas doing with your cayennes? I am a big DIY guy I have mechanics for all different jobs too I am good pricing out parts cheap but this is a Cayenne S this is a new level of car ownership for me.

I have been going back and forth on here and Rennlist forum and im happy to know that the service recall #AH08 REPLACE FASTENING SCREWS ON CAR has been fixed.
I see these may have transfer case issues some mor reported on the Turbo model but still on S models too and dont believe Porsche when they say the transfer case fluid is a lifetime fluid

Thank you to whoever sat there and read this **** lol

Dan
The recall has been announced - but no one has had anything "fixed" under it. That's going to be hopefully in the near future.

There are transfer case problems. The fluid isn't lifetime. Not all fail due to fluid - some have failures early in life that appear to be due to a manufacturing flaw. Porsche isn't paying for these unless they're under original or CPO warranty.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Ive spent my fair time this weekend reading on these Cayennes on the forums just educating myself on DIYs and tools commonly used for them, Transfer case issues and fluid changes etc

if interested feel free to view the carfax
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...AB2A29CLA43196

I will be seeing this car in person finalizing paperwork monday afternoon and unless I find a very noticeable I plan on purchasing this vehicle - I will do a TC fluid change as my first DIY and with the air suspension that will make it easier

I have a question.. I have seen some members send over the oil samples to a company that will dissect it.. I want to do this for the old TC fluid I want to see if anything is out of the ordinary, Who did I send it too?

Only thing that makes me confused though is this MSRP CS stickers at 92k with a very clean carfax always serviced at the same dealer every 5-7k miles and I am sure owned by a more responsible adult then say a younger speeder like me lol but I question why Porsche decided to not CPO this CS and sent it to auction .. hmmm

Couple things I will have to investigate will be brake pad life because with 65k miles I see no reference to a pad/rotor on carfax however I see a couple brake flushes, tire tread is getting too 40% and the TC

Old 07-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
The front diffs are a weak spot on these cars too.

Either way, things will wear out. It just happens. Fix them and maintain your Cayenne, you will be ok.

I have a 2013 with 98K now on the dial. It's been great to me and I'm sure your experience will mirror mine!

Old 07-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Hey fellas

to update this thread ill copy & paste my post and pictures from Rennlist but before I do
there is a button on the panel where the seatbelt is located towards the buttons on the bottom where I control my driver seats.. it looks like a wifi button? what is this I couldn't find this in my owners manual
I also already did my first DIY lol - none of my cigarette lighters were working and figured out it was a broken fuse .. luckily I had a few spare 15s and now all is great!

I purchased my CS with a 4 year 48k warranty which gives me such peace of mind knowing I have this I will upload a few documents from the contract for anyone interested or anyone who could maybe benefit from reading it

First couple mods I need to do is I want to change the license plate to LEDs which I already have from amazon since its prime day lol
Amazon Amazon
I also see a couple lights on the doors are non LED so I will look into this next. Gonna pick up some Mobil1 oil 0w40 from walmart since its 22 dollars today and pick up some Ravenol TC fluid
Amazon Amazon
which isn't any cheaper on prime day then it was before

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5f5.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	479904   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5f9.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	479905   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5fc.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	479906   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_636.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	479909   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5f7.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	479910  

Old 07-13-2017, 05:44 PM
quickster2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nicely done well optioned. When you do your transfer case use thread sealant on the plugs and be mindful of a tapered plug into an aluminum case. I was mindful and had an expensive crack at the drain plug. Only tighten to snug and inspect to insure no leaks.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:28 AM
killerslp is an unknown quantity at this point
I purchased a 2011 turbo back on 2/2016 with 72k miles. It had a few minor dents and dings but was being sold for the same price as a CPO S model. It was very comfortable, every option worked great for a couple of months. coilpacks started going bad, replaced 3 of them within 6 months(I did order all of them but hate to waste things so wanted to wait until the other shows signs of failure before replacing). then had a coolant leak, from multiple seals around the thermostat housing. cost $500 in parts and coolant to repair and took awhile as I ended up replacing other pieces that broke.

What I can say is they are a pain to work on, normal maintenance is not a problem, this includes oil, plugs, coilpacks, filters and such. But the moment you need to get more into a repair the more painful it gets. If you have a lift and high ceilings and can drop the engine then it would probably be a fantastic engine to work on but in the engine bay I found it to be annoying. Also parts always had to be ordered, didn't seem like any part for the cayenne was ever instock or atleast the parts I needed including coilpacks.

that button you asked about should disable the interior alarm in case you leave a pet or person in the car and still lock the doors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.