Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Got Robbed! POS now has my DL and key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 02:06 AM
CayennePepper is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Got Robbed! POS now has my DL and key

Felt like an idiot just handing him my wallet and keys, but at the same time, I like not being stabbed. The thought that some low life trash has my key and my address makes me paranoid about my cayenne sitting on the driveway. I'm using my spare key for now and parking my car in my garage.

Still, I would like to get the whole "key module" (whats the proper word?) replaced so my cayenne will not recognize the old set of keys. What is the proper way to do this? Get the dealer to change the key codes and reprogram two new keys? What's the cost I'm going to be looking at?

Old 05-17-2018, 08:34 AM
ArabianKnight is on a distinguished road
That sucks! I got stuff stolen out of mine a few weeks back when it was sitting in my driveway. Now I have cameras and lights everywhere lol. Where you in your car when it happened or in a dark alley?

Old 05-17-2018, 08:37 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Good to be alive. Go to the dealer with your registration and DL to start the key ordering process and then wait to get your new and old keys and car reprogrammed. The key is over a couple hundred and piwis work is more. Your stolen key will not work afterwards.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:35 PM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
Just purchased a key from Sunset $213.00 and $98.00 to have the dealer program it I'm certain they can delete the stolen key.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by jayi836
Just purchased a key from Sunset $213.00 and $98.00 to have the dealer program it I'm certain they can delete the stolen key.

Thats it? just buy another set of keys and have the dealer program it?

Doesn't sound too bad of a hassle.

Since I have the spare key, would I be able to just keep this one and buy another one to program, deleting the stolen one from the car's key registry, or do they come from the factory as a set so I'll have to buy two keys from Sunset?

Old 05-17-2018, 02:44 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CayennePepper
Thats it? just buy another set of keys and have the dealer program it?

Doesn't sound too bad of a hassle.

Since I have the spare key, would I be able to just keep this one and buy another one to program, deleting the stolen one from the car's key registry, or do they come from the factory as a set so I'll have to buy two keys from Sunset?
You can continue to use the one you have - but bring ALL the keys you want to work to the dealer - so they can reset and register all of them with the immobilizer.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:03 PM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
so I'll have to buy two keys from Sunset?[/QUOTE]

You will need to show proof of ownership to Sunset or?? the key is cut in Atlanta from your VIN and shipped to you in about a week.

Not all online dealers do keys Sunset accepted a copy of the current registration.

Looks like the raised the price a bit.
https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/o...er-95863794803

Last edited by jayi836; 05-17-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the link! I'm thinking about ordering one since you said its precut and programmed from my VIN, then just go to the dealer and pay for the labor to have them delete the stolen key, does that sound about right?

Old 05-19-2018, 11:01 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CayennePepper
Thanks for the link! I'm thinking about ordering one since you said its precut and programmed from my VIN, then just go to the dealer and pay for the labor to have them delete the stolen key, does that sound about right?
I get the feeling you're not really paying attention to what people are telling you.

Yes - that's what you'd do - but you have to take ALL your keys that you ever want to use with the car to the dealer and have them enter them into the immobilizer memory. First, they erase the memory, then they add each key to the immobilizer. The stolen key is deleted when they erase the immobilizer memory. You can ONLY add keys to the memory that are physically present when the memory is being programmed.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
I get the feeling you're not really paying attention to what people are telling you.

Yes - that's what you'd do - but you have to take ALL your keys that you ever want to use with the car to the dealer and have them enter them into the immobilizer memory. First, they erase the memory, then they add each key to the immobilizer. The stolen key is deleted when they erase the immobilizer memory. You can ONLY add keys to the memory that are physically present when the memory is being programmed.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but thanks for confirming! I'll do exactly what you wrote.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.