Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Hiccups

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 10:39 AM
RickDC is on a distinguished road
Hiccups

I have a 2014 CD, and randomly, maybe once every 300-400km, when at relatively low speed and feathering the go pedal, she hiccups. Its like going over a pot hole. There's no codes, although I did have one a while back for a fuel valve PCV error? but that showed up once and went away never to be seen again. It's like, for a split second, there's a jolt of no power. It's never happened under 'spirited driving'. Only when feathering in traffic or the like.

I have changed my own fuel filter, made sure she was topped up and soaked with diesel before being put back in and that it was full to make sure little to no air. It's happened before and after 'the fix'. I have found mice/rat poop under the lid and have put in deterrent which has worked at keeping them away.

Not sure what's going on?

Old 08-21-2018, 07:30 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
My 17 GTS did that. Felt like a skip or something. No suspension movement, just a lurch of sorts under light acceleration... for a while. Eventually it started to happen at speed under light accelerator pressure for lane changes. Fix was replacing the transfer case. This at ~17k miles.

Now, they're different between gas and diesel models, but I'd venture the symptoms would feel similar. The gas models have had an on-going problem with TC failures, that doesn't seem to be plaguing the diesels the same way.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:03 PM
RickDC is on a distinguished road
Thanks wKearney... I've got to 65k on my CD and it's not getting worse, but I'll keep an eye on it. I've got to get it taken in for some warrantee work anyway, so I may get them to take a look at the TC. The problem, as always, it that it's a "non-regular-reproducable" issue.. so they're unlikely to do anything! ��

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.