Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Signed up to Autocross my CTT @ Lime Rock Track in CT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 AM
mikezlee is on a distinguished road
Great write-up and pics! What a beast! Can't wait to see the videos.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for the delay guys! I reached the technical glass ceiling on my old video editing suite and decided to bump it up another notch and learn a "real" video editing suite. I am teaching myself Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. For both programs, I have over 25 hours of tutorials to chew through before the work even begins! Yes, this is like drinking from a firehose, but the net result should be way above-par from your normal Youtube video.

Lets hope I can edit something worth watching

Old 05-04-2013, 12:41 AM
stormy69 will become famous soon enough
i look forward to it!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Finally had a chance to have a read of your write up...awesome!! Very impressive stuff. Can't wait to see your vids

Have you thought about trying to reduce overall wheel/tire weight. I am not sure how much it will impact such a heavy vehicle but you are more than likely over 60 lbs per corner right now? Have you weighed your current wheels/tires? My factory wheels and current tires weigh 66 lbs !!! (and they are only 19"x9 oem Porsche wheels) ...I have been searching for replacement wheels and tires and the setup I will likely finally go with will weigh about 54 lbs, meaning a savings of 12 lbs per corner.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 PM
C4 GTS is on a distinguished road
Great write up! I can't wait for your videos. I am also more excited about my cayenne now! Not that not excited but confirmed and proven!!!

Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM
mct
mct is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by C4 GTS
Great write up! I can't wait for your videos. I am also more excited about my cayenne now! Not that not excited but confirmed and proven!!!
Videos yet?

I autocrossed my 2011 CTT on Sunday for the first time, my Cayman S is in the shop recovering from a dispute with a tire wall...damn..., and had lots of fun. I "lost" by about a second to a stock Boxster in the class I was place in, that didn't seem fair to me, but had fun.

What I had trouble with was keeping the turbo on the boil. In Sport Mode but had to go to 2nd in one part of the course and only went back to 1st at the end stretch. 1st might have been the better option. I never notice any turbo lag on the street, well in when in Sport and with a couple of downshifts, but it was getting in the way on this AutoX course. Might not try this again but would like to be better prepared if I do.

Thanks.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:21 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mct
Videos yet?
Videos yet?? I can't imagine running my Cayenne in a Auto Cross when I race a Carrera (you also have a Cayman). How did it go? Did you alternate it between your Cayman and the truck, or just the truck? Did you switch out your towing tires/wheels or run your street gear?

Last edited by denversteve; 09-22-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:30 AM
mct
mct is on a distinguished road
I just ran the Cayenne and this was on a shorter parking lot course than the course at Lime Rock which I have been on in the Cayman.

I ran only the Cayenne the day I went as my Cayman was still in the shop recovering from an accident at Watkins Glen. Once the Cayman came back I went back to using it.

I had great fun trying the CTT out in autocross as a stand-in but its size really showed. My friends tell me it looked very stable and "flat" from the outside but from the inside I thought I was rolling all over the place (no PDCC on mine). I have the "comfort" seats which really do not hold you in place like the sport seats much less track oriented seats.

If I didn't have the Cayman I would certainly try the CTT again. It is a great all around car/truck.