Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Interested in faster shifting in your Cayenne? Show your support here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 07:37 PM
JLMarx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
I agree that a DCT option in the Cayenne would be awesome, but just to be clear, I am not sure this is completely fair to the platform. Here are the main reasons why the new 2015 Cayenne's do not have PDK:
  • Automatic transmissions are still much better at low-range traversal and power modulation offroad. This is much more important when you consider the high gear reduction of the transfer case.
  • Cayennes have to be able to reliably tow about 4 tons, in addition to about 2.5 tons of base vehicle weight. That is a net of 6.5 tons or about 13,000 lbs! If the current PDK was used, it would simply overheat and slip.
  • Smoothness of shift delivery is what MOST people want in their Cayenne. I, personally, place this very low on my priority. However, most people are not going for max performance in their SUV. Even though DCTs have come a long away on smoothness of shifts, an automatic transmission is still much better (which may change with time).
Agreed! Just saying that my previous benchmark was a very quick shifting car, so if I could get some of that snappiness in the Cayenne, it would be great. (And this car is my DD, so I actually do put some stock in the smoothness of the auto trans.)

Old 05-11-2015, 07:57 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Arrow

Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
I agree that a DCT option in the Cayenne would be awesome, but just to be clear, I am not sure this is completely fair to the platform. Here are the main reasons why the new 2015 Cayenne's do not have PDK:
  • Automatic transmissions are still much better at low-range traversal and power modulation offroad. This is much more important when you consider the high gear reduction of the transfer case.
  • Cayennes have to be able to reliably tow about 4 tons, in addition to about 2.5 tons of base vehicle weight. That is a net of 6.5 tons or about 13,000 lbs! If the current PDK was used, it would simply overheat and slip.
  • Smoothness of shift delivery is what MOST people want in their Cayenne. I, personally, place this very low on my priority. However, most people are not going for max performance in their SUV. Even though DCTs have come a long away on smoothness of shifts, an automatic transmission is still much better (which may change with time).
Couldn't agree more. Torque and weight are the key words here. The current DCT technology can't handle the high torque and weight of the CTT. The good old automatic transmission will handle almost whatever you throw at it as long as you prevent it from overheating.

The fastest Porsches out there are either manual (or sequential) or automatic transmission. PDK has been the limiting factor for high HP 911 and Panamera applications.

Having said that will Scott increase the valve pressure and torque limit of the TCU in addition to firmer shifting? This can open the way to upgrade the tiptronic transmission with higher capacity clutches or 1 or 2 more clutch packs.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:30 PM
timwu12 is on a distinguished road
any updates on this?

Old 07-28-2015, 12:42 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by timwu12
any updates on this?
Will call Scott today to see if he has any updates for us.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:48 PM
mbagge01 is on a distinguished road
Curious as if any progress has been made yet

Old 09-16-2015, 05:31 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mbagge01
Curious as if any progress has been made yet
Very fair question.. thanks for asking. I talked to Scott yesterday. Apparently, there was a technical setback several weeks ago in regards to our TCU. Given how long this engagement has been on-going, I have asked Scott to comment here directly. Hopefully a resolution is not too far out.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
What's the deal with this endeavor?

Old 12-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
13 months and no updates or any real progress. Should this really be a "sticky"?

Old 01-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Something that is making progress.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0559.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	437650  
Old 02-21-2016, 08:06 AM
Phemer is on a distinguished road
I would be interested in a 958 TCU tune. Not sure if there's a way to increase the stall in 1st gear but I'd love to be able to do semi-boosted launches. In a perfect work - fill one of the dummy buttons near sport to enable a higher stall 1st gear launch.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Softronic has made gains and losses in this endeavor over this time and will be releasing a flash for TCU's. Several users have been on a testing basis yet have not commented on this process. We are considering costs in either providing new TCU's with programming or on an exchange basis per car.

We are looking at a release of it along with our flashing for the SDI6, SDI8, SDI9 and MED17 via the port with no DME removal. This will be a cost effective way to flash these cars anywhere at anytime with no internet and only a cable with our software.

Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winner programmed by Softronic!
Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:13 PM
Phemer is on a distinguished road
Well Softronic - if you need a test subject I'd be more than willing to record 60' times, avg mpg changes or whatever else you'd use as a good gauge. I do, however, have a 2011 w/ the SDI9, which i hear is tricky. You guys are the pros tho.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:38 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Something that is making progress.

That doesn't look like a tranny. What you makin??

Old 04-23-2016, 03:23 PM
mbagge01 is on a distinguished road
Any news or updates on the tcu mod.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Rob Tozier is on a distinguished road
Count me in!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interested in faster shifting in your Cayenne? Show your support here...