Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Will I regret getting GTS over CTT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 07:51 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Will I regret getting GTS over CTT?

Test drove 2016 cayenne gts and great overall package. Basically 2016 gts' can be had for price of 2015 ctt (both new body style).

I like gts for few factors over the ctt - better depreciation curve, aero package, lower ride height. And it can be tuned to ~100hp more.

The newer gts with the v6 definitely rides more luxury/sedate then the previous V8 GTS and doesnt feel like its always on edge. The newer GTS sort of felt like a turbo 'light'.

I do enjoy a nice motor - but most of the time do not have a heavy foot driving around town , and I have a fast toy to play with on the weekend.

Thoughts? Input? I also considered new X5m but that thing loses 50% of value in 2 years and thats not something I want to go through.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:28 PM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
Yes. I don't know much about the newer GTS or the CTT but when I sold my 10 GTS and replaced it with an 11 CTT I never looked back. I still think my CTT is GREAT.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:41 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 4ocious
Yes. I don't know much about the newer GTS or the CTT but when I sold my 10 GTS and replaced it with an 11 CTT I never looked back. I still think my CTT is GREAT.
Yes - the 2011+ CTT are all phenomenal cars. Just wondering if I will regret not going turbo route if I pick up GTS. Pros / Cons to both.

Loved my 997tt that I recently sold as well.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:05 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
You already have regret or you wouldn't be posting.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:16 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I've driven both and own a 2011 CTT... GTS are awesome rides and I guess it depends if you like Turbos and the build list on the particular car you are purchasing. Can't go wrong either way....

Old 02-29-2016, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by str8blst
I've driven both and own a 2011 CTT... GTS are awesome rides and I guess it depends if you like Turbos and the build list on the particular car you are purchasing. Can't go wrong either way....
Yes that is true. Started looking for a preowned '16 GTS or '15 Turbo. Figure with a GTS I can always go the tuning route if I feel like it lacks power. Really want the 998.2 as I love all the small upgrades that it brings or else id go 2011/2012 turbo.

In the 958.2 I love the power of the V8tt but the stock 'looks' of the GTS better.

Last edited by socialpro; 03-01-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:03 PM
KN14911 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by socialpro
Yes that is true. Started looking for a preowned '16 GTS or '15 Turbo. Figure with a GTS I can always go the tuning route if I feel like it lacks power. Really want the 998.2 as I love all the small upgrades that it brings or else id go 2011/2012 turbo.

In the 998.2 I love the power of the V8tt but the stock 'looks' of the GTS better.
Did you ever test drive the X5M?

Old 03-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by KN14911
Did you ever test drive the X5M?
No - that is still on my list to check out in the near future if I dont find a cayenne to my specs.

I know the new X5M is a phenomenal car and holds an edge to the Cayenne on many fronts (technology, standard equipment, price, speed, etc)...but I have been leaning more towards cayennes as I like the looks of the updated cayenne (especially GTS) over the X5m better (subjective), and have been missing a 'porsche' since I sold the 911tt last year.

And I also tell myself that I can't really go wrong with either - that is if I pick up the cayenne I might eventually try out the X5M. Or vice versa!

Do you have a comparison between your GTS and Turbo S? Minus the power - does the GTS feel any 'sportier' then the turbo? I think in the 958.2 the line between the two has blurred significantly and where before it was much easier to see pros and cons of both cars (NAV8 vs tt, etc)...now I think the two have came closer together then ever.

Last edited by socialpro; 03-01-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:17 PM
No - that is still on my list to check out in the near future if I dont find a cayenne to my specs.

I know the new X5M is a phenomenal car and holds an edge to the Cayenne on many fronts (technology, standard equipment, price, speed, etc)...but I have been leaning more towards cayennes as I like the looks of the updated cayenne (especially GTS) over the X5m better (subjective), and have been missing a 'porsche' since I sold the 911tt last year.

And I also tell myself that I can't really go wrong with either - that is if I pick up the cayenne I might eventually try out the X5M. Or vice versa!
I just found the 958.2 GTS disappointing. Having owned a 958.1 GTS was superior. Felt less engaging to drive, Less Noise,etc. In Fact i find my Macan Turbo More fun to drive. I would atleast drive the X5M before making a decision.

The '16 Cayenne GTS are too expensive preowned and might as well buy a new one. Spending 90-100k on a used one doesn't make sense when you can buy a new one for about that.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:22 PM
I just found the 958.2 GTS disappointing. Having owned a 958.1 GTS was superior. Felt less engaging to drive, Less Noise,etc. In Fact i find my Macan Turbo More fun to drive. I would atleast drive the X5M before making a decision.

The '16 Cayenne GTS are too expensive preowned and might as well buy a new one. Spending 90-100k on a used one doesn't make sense when you can buy a new one for about that.
So if going cayenne route - is Turbo the way to go? I will certainly try to drive the x5m before spending 6 figures on an SUV.

Yes the used prices are very close to new on GTS so far although I have seen already several dealers mark down their '16s to mid-high 80s. I think prices will dip a bit more for pre owned when 2017s hit the lot which should be in several months.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:26 PM
So if going cayenne route - is Turbo the way to go? I will certainly try to drive the x5m before spending 6 figures on an SUV.

Yes the used prices are very close to new on GTS so far although I have seen already several dealers mark down their '16s to mid-high 80s. I think prices will dip a bit more for pre owned when 2017s hit the lot which should be in several months.
Have you shopped for a New GTS? How much are you getting off MSRP? Are those New or preowned in the Mid to high 80's?

The only Cayenne i would be completely satisfied with is the Cayenne Turbo S. However a nicely equipped turbo is good also.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Have you shopped for a New GTS? How much are you getting off MSRP? Are those New or preowned in the Mid to high 80's?

The only Cayenne i would be completely satisfied with is the Cayenne Turbo S. However a nicely equipped turbo is good also.
Preowned with a few K miles. I have not looked at new as sometimes my most well intentioned car purchases have not lasted more then a few months, and that makes for very expensive mistakes (experiences) if bought 'brand new'.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Preowned with a few K miles. I have not looked at new as sometimes my most well intentioned car purchases have not lasted more then a few months, and that makes for very expensive mistakes (experiences) if bought 'brand new'.
I hear ya.. My GTS i bought back in May '15 just sold it for $88,000. $111,000 Sticker. Bought for $108K. Cost me about $2300/month not as as i expected it to be. Only had 5600 miles. Back bumper had small chip on the edge and needs to be repainted.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I've had both.

I went from Turbo to GTS back to a Turbo.

Before purchase, I thought the GTS looked better and drove more sporty then the Turbo. However, after ownership the GTS really lacks power especially in freeway passing situations. Something said about how effortless the Turbo delivers passing power without downshifting. The GTS is a much more busy motor and during extended rides, the sportier ride becomes uncomfortable for most passengers (especially the gf).

Going forward, I probably wouldn't even consider the GTS anymore. The Turbo all the way for me.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Fkim011
I've had both.

I went from Turbo to GTS back to a Turbo.

Before purchase, I thought the GTS looked better and drove more sporty then the Turbo. However, after ownership the GTS really lacks power especially in freeway passing situations. Something said about how effortless the Turbo delivers passing power without downshifting. The GTS is a much more busy motor and during extended rides, the sportier ride becomes uncomfortable for most passengers (especially the gf).

Going forward, I probably wouldn't even consider the GTS anymore. The Turbo all the way for me.
Thank you for your input - did you have the 2016 gts (V6tt) or the previous version? When I test drove the V8 a year back I did find it extremely busy / harsh / loud ride as well. The new one is tamed down BIG time, and almost seemed like a turbo 'light'...adequate power (not turbo level) while still being a sporty drive.

But I dont disagree. Something to be said for the effortless intoxicating power delivery of the turbo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will I regret getting GTS over CTT?