Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Misha Widebody Cayenne 957 Turbo S Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Juanna Knowtrooth is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Petza914
Not much new to report - the body shop is doing their thing, but the interlocking oval tips from Maxspeed Motorsports have arrived. They look great and seem to be of very good quality. Now I just need a car back on which to install them

Also have ordered the 1-piece welded aluminum Driveshaft from The Driveshaft Shop

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import...-all-v8-models

Their design eliminates the center bearing, problematic center bearing support, and front flex plate of the OEM cardan shaft so I won't ever have to deal with monkey under the car with a hammer issue and it should also provide for a more direct accelerator pedal to wheels feel.

I'll be putting together a For Sale parts thread for all the OEM parts that I'm removing as part of this build so if you guys are looking for anything, start your lists or let me know. Everything is off my immaculate black 2009 Cayenne Turbo S with 28,000 miles.
Did you ask about the CF one piece driveshaft? It says its even better because it reduces noise in the cabin. It's probably astronomically expensive.

Also, do you have the Sprint Booster 3? They claim it "achieves a full throttle response 25% sooner than the stock or factory configuration." It is sweeeeet

Old 10-18-2017, 09:55 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Juanna Knowtrooth
Did you ask about the CF one piece driveshaft? It says its even better because it reduces noise in the cabin. It's probably astronomically expensive.

Also, do you have the Sprint Booster 3? They claim it "achieves a full throttle response 25% sooner than the stock or factory configuration." It is sweeeeet
I considered the CF Driveshaft, but it was too expensive (about double I think). The CF one has a lower torsional rigidity rating, which is why it's smoother and quieter, because it's easier to twist under load. The aluminum one has more torsional rigidity which means it's going to provide a more direct throttle pedal to road translation and as sporty as I'm making this Cayenne, thought that would be the more appropriate choice (as well as the less expensive one).

The Sprint Booster makes no sense to me. All it does is augment the drive by wire signal from the pedal position sensor to the motor DME. It doesn't do a single thing that pushing the pedal down further doesn't do. They market it as increasing throttle response and getting to full throttle sooner, but what it also does is take out a lot of throttle range because now at 75% of pedal position, the DME says you have it on the floor. Total marketing mumbo-jumbo IMO.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Juanna Knowtrooth is on a distinguished road
I considered the CF Driveshaft, but it was too expensive (about double I think). The CF one has a lower torsional rigidity rating, which is why it's smoother and quieter, because it's easier to twist under load. The aluminum one has more torsional rigidity which means it's going to provide a more direct throttle pedal to road translation and as sporty as I'm making this Cayenne, thought that would be the more appropriate choice (as well as the less expensive one).

The Sprint Booster makes no sense to me. All it does is augment the drive by wire signal from the pedal position sensor to the motor DME. It doesn't do a single thing that pushing the pedal down further doesn't do. They market it as increasing throttle response and getting to full throttle sooner, but what it also does is take out a lot of throttle range because now at 75% of pedal position, the DME says you have it on the floor. Total marketing mumbo-jumbo IMO.
not true, in my experience, concerning the Sprint Boost. It reduces the time to recognition, if you will, from when the throttle is pushed to when it responds. It doesn’t affect throttle affective pressure at all that you claim. Undoubtedly, there is lag from when your foot pushes the pedal, regardless of how fervently, to when the car detects that impulse, and unarguably that lag is shorter, noticeably, with the Sprint Boost. Anyway, your car is looking good. Fun to follow along.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Nov 1 Update

Quick update with a couple photos. The exterior has been stripped of all emblems, rear hatch panels and spoiler disassembled, and they're getting ready to start on the painting, which is why the old gloss black paint is now scratchy grey.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the car all one color again

Old 11-08-2017, 11:26 AM
We've reached a milestone.

Finally, most of the body is now 1 color. To refresh your memories, we went with PorscheOnyx White Pearl Effect Metallic (oryxweiß perlmutteffekt C9A 0K01 / Oryx White Pearl Effect C9A 0K01' - code 0K1), and in person, it is just beautiful. The indoor photos don't really do it justice and I'm very pleased with the result, especially since these photos are straight out of the paint booth without any buffing or corrections made. The silver trim is also a very good compliment to the pearl white so glad I decided to keep that to add some character.

They will still be doing more painting - hood, Yakima Skybox top, front bumper, mirrors, door handles, etc but to see the majority of the body put together and in a single color is really nice after all this time.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:06 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
You're cooking with grease! Can't wait till its put together finally.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:23 PM
Quick update - door glass is back in the doors along with door seals and door handles. Starting to look more like a car again

Old 11-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Rear Bumper and Rear Spoiler has also been painted (preserved the functionality of the park assist sensors, moving them over from the OEM bumpers). Once these are reinstalled, along with the taillights, the rear should be done.

They're supposed to work on the front bumper & hood this coming weekend, after which everything should be painted, including the top of my Yakima Skybox to match.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:32 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
It's gonna be pretty epic!! Good to see it coming together.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:32 PM
Started the work on the front bumper and hood - looking more like a car each visit

Old 12-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Picked up the top to the Yakima Skybox that I had the body shop paint to match the new color of the Cayenne. I decided not to remount the hinges to it just yet (that's why the holes are still open), as it will be easier to drill the new holes in the sealed runners I made to go with the T-Bolt fastening system I'll be using, the purpose of which is to have enough clearance under the crossbars to be able to use the Pano roof with the Skybox installed, should we want to (but I have a feeling it might become a windstorm in there - we'll see).

Now I just need a car back onto which to install it - LOL

Old 12-09-2017, 02:51 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
When do you finally get the car back?

Old 12-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by OEkun1
When do you finally get the car back?
Wish I knew. Was hoping Christmas, but realistically, I'm shooting for late January now.
​​

Old 12-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Wish I knew. Was hoping Christmas, but realistically, I'm shooting for late January now.
​​
They are doing great work...but it would have driven me crazy already. Can't wait until you get it back complete.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:59 PM
Mid-December Update:

They got the rear back together over the weekend. Rear bumper needs a slight lateral adjustment to make the gaps on both sides of the hatch even and the right exhaust tip needs some repositioning too, but with the spoiler back together and bumper on, you can start to see how it's going to look from certain views. The more body parts that get installed, the smaller and more sunken the OEM 21" wheels looks. Quick measurements today suggest even after changing to the 12" wide wheels with 315 tires, I'm going to need a 25-35mm spacer to get the stance right. I think in these pics, the car is sitting in Normal suspension mode, which means on the highway at speed or in Sport mode, it's going to look low, wide, and mean.

Last edited by Petza914; 01-10-2018 at 02:49 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Misha Widebody Cayenne 957 Turbo S Project