Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Lowering a 958 cayenne turbo - links or module?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 09:52 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Lowering a 958 cayenne turbo - links or module?

Did quite a bit of searching and havent come up with much - what is the best way to lower a 958 (2011+) cayenne turbo?

Lowering module? Links ? Durametric re-program? What is the easiest way to get the turbo to sit at the GTS height? Any and all input and pictures are appreciated

Thanks!

Old 11-28-2016, 05:37 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure of the 958 is different from the 955/957, but if not, seems the Durametric route has been used successfully a number of times. Attached is a DIY.

Attached Files
Old 12-01-2016, 06:51 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Great Post! I have Durametric Pro and the option for position isn't there for the 958.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:55 PM
revolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to behold
doing links on mine this week ill post pics.

Old 01-31-2017, 02:11 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by revolution993
doing links on mine this week ill post pics.
DId you end up doing the links? Any initial impressions / pics?

Old 01-31-2017, 04:13 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by elite1
Great Post! I have Durametric Pro and the option for position isn't there for the 958.
Interesting - iCarScan has a complete section on calibrating the ride height on a 958 for the air suspension - and since you can punch in the correction numbers I can't see any reason you couldn't use it for right-height adjustment. Durametric doesn't have it? I haven't bothered plugging mine in since I got the iCarScan.. iCarScan's way easier to use and I never have to boot up my phone.. unlike the mini-laptop that the Durametic software lives on.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Interesting - iCarScan has a complete section on calibrating the ride height on a 958 for the air suspension - and since you can punch in the correction numbers I can't see any reason you couldn't use it for right-height adjustment. Durametric doesn't have it? I haven't bothered plugging mine in since I got the iCarScan.. iCarScan's way easier to use and I never have to boot up my phone.. unlike the mini-laptop that the Durametic software lives on.
Interesting - have you tried to play around with that value to see if you can lower it beyond stock? That would be great if we'd be able to avoid links, modules, etc.

ALSO - is there still no way to permanently disable the start/stop on the newer Cayennes (or have it save to off once car is turned off)?

Old 01-31-2017, 09:44 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I would love to know more about this option!

I don't have the previous 957 option with my Durametric Pro but, I would buy a iCarScan if it had this option.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:22 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Well - if anyone wants to come over to my house - we can play with YOUR Cayenne and see how well it works.. since I don't have any desire to lower my Turbo - I didn't try out the height calibration routine with iCarScan. I can just say it's there.. If I have a chance I'll try getting some screen captures of the menu items.

Oh - and the iCarScan is NOT limited to ## VIN's.. unlimited use for any Porsche (and 4 other manufacturer's cars..)

Old 02-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Well - if anyone wants to come over to my house - we can play with YOUR Cayenne and see how well it works.. since I don't have any desire to lower my Turbo - I didn't try out the height calibration routine with iCarScan. I can just say it's there.. If I have a chance I'll try getting some screen captures of the menu items.

Oh - and the iCarScan is NOT limited to ## VIN's.. unlimited use for any Porsche (and 4 other manufacturer's cars..)
You available on Sunday? Just Kidding.

Good info though. Sounds like a nice affordable alternative to Durametric.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by elite1
You available on Sunday? Just Kidding.

Good info though. Sounds like a nice affordable alternative to Durametric.
Until about 5PM I think.. you may have to leave now if you don't want to drive straight through.

So far I'm happy with the iCarScan. It has some menu quirks, but overall it seems easier to use than my Durametric. And it's certainly less expensive when you figure it covers up to 5 manufacturers with an unlimited number of VIN#s.. That's why I can offer to hook it up to someones car if they want to come by..

Old 07-01-2017, 08:28 PM
westsiderkg is on a distinguished road
Wish I was closer! Any updates???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.