Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Dropped plastic bits down turbocharger vent lines - what now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 12:56 AM
philsoldat is on a distinguished road
Dropped plastic bits down turbocharger vent lines - what now

Hope this helps someone in the future...

After doing some maintenance on a 08 CTT noticed that the T coming off the top breather hoses and AOS that connects to the turbos vent lines had snapped off.

Got the replacement part, however the plastic barbs that snapped in each of the turbo vent lines were impossible to extract. In hindsight i should have cut the hose at the barb and just rigged a brass barb with some extra hose and clamps, but my enlightnment did not materialize until i ran into some trouble.

Ended up crushing the brittle barbs inside the hoses and sucking the pieces out with a shop vac, however i feel inevitibly a couple pieces may have fallen down deeper into the vent lines.

I extensively sucked the hell out of those lines with an attachement and a 40ga vac, only sucking some old oil, no way to tell if any pieces still remain.

As i see it im running out of options.

I can try to disconnect the lines at the turbochargers and try to blow them with compressed air, but isnt there fire retardant media in the lines?

The way these lines vent, will particles entering the turbos at the location specific to these mitsubishis cause any damage or will they get blown out by exhaust?

Will blocking the lines due to the presense of these particles damage the turbo?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.