Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Diverter Valves

Old 04-24-2017, 12:16 PM
bonemechanic is on a distinguished road
Diverter Valves

I have a 2006 Turbo S. Primary and Secondary cat delete. Tuned. I have about 76000 now. I had replaced the diverter valves with an aftermarket pair around 36000 miles. For several months I have been getting strange pulls from the turbo. Spools up quickly (pegs on gauge) but does not go anywhere. Every once in a while it would hit hard.
So I stated looking at the general issues. Plugs and Coils, Fuel pumps; but just continued. This last weekend I started to look for vacuum leaks. Removed the aftermarket diverter valves and found that the drivers valve would stick open. This was allowing the boost on that side to just be dumped into the pre-turbo intake and not enter the engine. To make things worse the system is connected to only use the boost from the passenger side turbo to open the wastegates on both turbos. So the passenger side would pressurize and open both wastegate.
I haven't seen any discussion on this before on this forum. Some people have written about rebuilding the valves. These have a "lifetime warrantee" but I don't know what that does exactly.
Just one more thing to think about as these engines get older.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:50 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Who makes the aftermarket Diverter valves you're running ? Have you contacted then about the issue and the Lifetime Warranty?

Old 04-25-2017, 09:37 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Petza914
Who makes the aftermarket Diverter valves you're running ? Have you contacted then about the issue and the Lifetime Warranty?

That would be my first thought too. Although they are pretty simple, springs and a valve so could wear out.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:01 PM
fortysixandtwo is an unknown quantity at this point
I bet its one of those shuttle style valves that were all the rage 10 years ago.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:58 AM
They are EVOMS. As per other posts on this forum I have emailed and called but no response from them. Lifetime warranty should read buyer beware.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:30 AM
westsiderkg is on a distinguished road
Anyone running the agency power ones?

Curious if this is truly even a necessary modification or not?

Old 05-02-2017, 11:55 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
I ran twin 50mm Tial BOVs on mine. if the stock are leaking then good to upgrade, but if not, not sure it matters much.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Most of what I've seen is people of given up and going back to the Porsche valves . I think if you feel surging under power I would suspect the valves are sticking. No cel.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Bosty is on a distinguished road
Been in the same boat. Leaking evoms. Went back to stock. I have a turbo s as well. Absolutely no problems with most updated part number factory diverters. Fvd tune and primary cat delete Installed on mine. Never been a huge fan of aftermarket tuning parts. In this case stock works and works fine. 🙂

No response from Evolution motorsports.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:59 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
I ran twin 50mm Tial BOVs on mine. if the stock are leaking then good to upgrade, but if not, not sure it matters much.

Did you just put them inline somewhere? Where is there room for 'em?

Old 06-06-2017, 06:37 AM
Gimmeboost is on a distinguished road
I think you have a bad maf sensor.

If you are seeing boost on the gauge there should be boost at the engine as the ecu and gauge both get their signal from the ecu via the maf sensor.

The ecu may be pulling timing and opening the diverters and wastegates due to a false overboost situation.

I would stick with the aftermarket diverters but they are meant to be pulled apart, cleaned and lubricated every so often to preset them from sticking.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Do you mean Boost pressure gauge? There are 2 MAF's in the car.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Mang0 is on a distinguished road
AFAIK even the lifetime warranty BPV's need some form of "maintenance" whether it be a regular cleaning or whatnot, was this being done?

I have the EVOMS ones as well and I've put on about 37,500 miles and have not had any issues as you're describing.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Gimmeboost is on a distinguished road
Sorry Map sensor.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.