Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Broken down on the way home.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 12:10 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
The pump(s) activation is computer controlled however it's either on or off and not PWM. When one pump dies the computer will activate the other constantly and throw the fuel pump strategy out the window. Each pump actually has three outlets. One to fill the basket from the bottom, one to fill it's own basket from the opposite sides sucking jet pump, and one to feed the engine. When one pump fails the other will still empty both sides of the tank. The FSM list two different flow specification for each pump and the part #s printed on the pumps are not the same. To me this says the flow ratings are different.

Unplugging the maf puts the ecm/dme into open loop where the engine runs on preset tables, not taking into account secondary o2 sensor reading as much amongst other readings such a maf which is primarily used for lean cruise, part throttle tip in, and economy, all of which lend to a smoother running more efficient engine. The maf cannot be properly cleaned unless you take apart the SENSOR housing not just the maf housing. The hot wire element is buried inside.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:31 PM
Jasonpaige is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
The baskets and lines are the same, but do we really know if the pumps are rated the same? No, we don't. Do we really know if the part #'s on the pumps are the same? Nope. OEM Auto engineers like to use the smallest pumps possible to reduce unneccecary circulation and heating since gasoline boils @95° f. This is one of many reasons why many mfgs are moving to pwm controlled pumps and a controller. Seeing that there is a 200 HP power difference between a Touareg and a Turbo S, an educated guess would be that they are not the same pumps. Course, there is no fuel press. sensor on the 955 so the computer will not know if pressure is low and will just reduce boost and retard timing to richen it up. I drove around on one pump forever until it to died and left me on the side of the road. I experienced no ill characteristics other than a reduction in power. If someone wants to use Tuareg pumps in the Cayenne that's fine but to come in and say they are the same when it was read somewhere else isn't cool. I think there is enough misinformation about the Cayenne already. Please, please, have some supporting evidence for claims made.
Hard to write so many words and get just about everything wrong, but you managed it all the same.

The information given to me was passed on in the same spirit it was received and as with all information given out on a forum, subject to the receiver's own checks. I'm sure anyone looking to fit a cheaper alternative will do their own research rather just take one person's word for it. However:

You say we don't know if the pumps are rated the same. Actually we do.
You say we don't know that the part numbers are the same. Actually we do.
You say that manufacturers use the smallest pumps possible so they are all different due to different engine sizes. Wrong again, manufacturers actually make as few different parts as possible and use them across the range to save costs.
You say that they are different part numbers as they supply different pressures. Wrong. They are different part numbers because they are handed left/right, the pressure supplied from each pump is the same: 4 bar.

The fuel pumps used on VW Touregs from 2003-2010 3.2 v6 - 4.2 v8 all variants are:

Left 7L6919087F
Right 7L6919087G

The fuel pumps used on Porsche Cayenne from 2003-2010 3.6 v6 - 4.8 v8 all variants are:

Left 95562093101
Right 95562093201

In both cases the pumps are made by Siemens/VDO:

Left 228-236-005-017Z
Right 228-236-005-016Z

VW 7L6919087F = Porsche 95562093101 = VDO 228-236-005-017Z

VW 7L6919087G = Porsche 95562093201 = VDO 228-236-005-016Z

So, as you can see the guy was completely correct. Incidentally (as you might expect) it's the same pumps on the Audi Q7.

To come in and dispute information based on your own incorrect assumptions without fact checking isn't cool. I think there is enough misinformation about the Cayenne already. Please, please, have some supporting evidence for claims made.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:46 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jasonpaige
Hard to write so many words and get just about everything wrong, but you managed it all the same.

The information given to me was passed on in the same spirit it was received and as with all information given out on a forum, subject to the receiver's own checks. I'm sure anyone looking to fit a cheaper alternative will do their own research rather just take one person's word for it. However:

You say we don't know if the pumps are rated the same. Actually we do.
You say we don't know that the part numbers are the same. Actually we do.
You say that manufacturers use the smallest pumps possible so they are all different due to different engine sizes. Wrong again, manufacturers actually make as few different parts as possible and use them across the range to save costs.
You say that they are different part numbers as they supply different pressures. Wrong. They are different part numbers because they are handed left/right, the pressure supplied from each pump is the same: 4 bar.

The fuel pumps used on VW Touregs from 2003-2010 3.2 v6 - 4.2 v8 all variants are:

Left 7L6919087F
Right 7L6919087G

The fuel pumps used on Porsche Cayenne from 2003-2010 3.6 v6 - 4.8 v8 all variants are:

Left 95562093101
Right 95562093201

In both cases the pumps are made by Siemens/VDO:

Left 228-236-005-017Z
Right 228-236-005-016Z

VW 7L6919087F = Porsche 95562093101 = VDO 228-236-005-017Z

VW 7L6919087G = Porsche 95562093201 = VDO 228-236-005-016Z

So, as you can see the guy was completely correct. Incidentally (as you might expect) it's the same pumps on the Audi Q7.

To come in and dispute information based on your own incorrect assumptions without fact checking isn't cool. I think there is enough misinformation about the Cayenne already. Please, please, have some supporting evidence for claims made.
You are 100% right and I stand corrected.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:26 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Jesus, now that I spent $750 all the parts #'s are posted!!

It was easy to just order the kit from ECS that has all the parts, both pumps, regulator, filter, and gaskets. Parts came in today now I just need to drain the nearly full tank of gas and get after it. Of course I had just filled up ~50 miles before it crapped out right!?!?

Old 06-20-2017, 03:30 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Well, got the parts today. Seems simple enough. Right off the bat the socket slipped out of one of the triple square bolts on the seat brackets. Took the skin completely off one knuckle and nicked another. The back ones under the seat backs are fun. They are tight little bastards.

Got everything out of the way finally and now I can't seem to get the friggin electrical connectors off the top of the filter and pressure regulator. Something so simple stopping me is pissing me off. I can't believe I can't get 'em loose. I'll get 'em in the morning.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:20 AM
Well I finally got the electrical plugs off the top. After that it's fairly straightforward. It is a snakes nest of hoses. There must be close to 10 hose connections to replace all four components. Three electrical plugs per side. I used the instructions at Pelican http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm
and someone was nice enough to post a diagram of where all the hoses go. Hopefully I got it all correct. Letting things air out tonight, will hook the battery back up tomorrow and see if it'll run. I hope so because I really don't want to take it all back apart again.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:55 PM
It runs!! Still need to finish putting the interior back together.I'm also going to remove the cold air stuff I put on and go back to stock air boxes. For some reason the computer doesn't like them and only boosts to about half what it should. Don't know why but Scott at Softronic confirmed it doesn't work and told me in no uncertain terms to go back to stock. So a little more work tonight when I get home from work and the beast should be back to it's old self again.

The fuel pump job wasn't really tough. If I had figured out how to get those first two plugs off I would have had it done in one day pretty easily.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:33 AM
Jasonpaige is an unknown quantity at this point
Nicely done

Easy once you know how! Also interesting to hear that the cold air intake isn't welcome. I've been looking at one or two potential improvements myself, but it would be annoying to spend money only to find the 'improvement' was in fact the opposite....

Cars can be a bit sensitive like that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.