Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

2014 CTT vs CTTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 07:00 AM
aw001 is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 CTT vs CTTS

Hello all,

I am new and currently looking to get into a CTT or CTTS. I have been trying to find a CTT with PDCC and PTV+ which seems impossible. From the forum, members highly recommend this.

Any further input or recommendations or i should just concentrate on CTTS? Thinking of getting this CPO. Any 3rd party warranties should i seek out?

This would be my mid life crisis car and any advise will be highly appreciated.

Alex.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:47 AM
jlusby is an unknown quantity at this point
Once I got serious, I decided that it must be CPO'ed. That led me to searching only on the Porsche website. I didn't care about the distance because you can drive it home or ship whichever is most convenient. The advanced search feature of their website allows you to get pretty detailed, not perfect but most of the key criteria. Figure out your budget and realize that they aren't going to discount a ton off the price.

For me, I used Autotrader to find examples to drive locally (or close enough) to really narrow down the model and various options.

Use the VIN decoder to get full details on the vehicle and then talk to the dealer to ask any questions that you aren't sure about. Ask for the full service history, you may not always get it, but try. Google the VIN and see if anything interesting comes up, you may find it on one of the forums and can learn about the owner and some other history.

Finally, I ranked the options from 1 to 10 to try to really figure out what was most important. Most likely you will have to compromise on some options or just hold firm and don't rush your search, it may take several months. I checked the Porsche site at least twice a day and also had a saved search on Autotrader that I searched multiple times per day. Patience is the key when searching and quick action once you find what you are looking for as the pool of CPO Cayennes is not deep.

Good luck and use the forums to increase your knowledge!

Old 06-15-2017, 09:23 AM
Thank you for the info. In the days of instant gratification, patience is in short supply! As you have said, i repeat it to myself EVERY morning. I am looking at CPO only and the following is what i am eyeing so far;

https://www.theautogalleryporsche.co...+White+1145285

Too bad its white and don't really care for the interior

The other question for me is does CTTS worth the extra 15k..

Old 06-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by aw001

Too bad its white and don't really care for the interior

The other question for me is does CTTS worth the extra 15k..

So, for us the exterior and interior were the two most important factors once I had decided that it was either a CTTS or CTT. IMO, you are going to spend your time looking at both the interior and exterior more often than anything else, so unless you replace cars every 6 months/year I would be concerned that you just won't be happy.

With respect to the additional $15k, that is a harder question because what is worth something to me is different than what it might be worth to you...

For me I started to think about what was standard on the CTTS vs CTT and then finding a CTT with those features, and what was the difference in price for two similar vehicles. I had not driven a CTTS prior to purchasing ours, but had only driven the CTT. Is there a difference between the two.... Yes! Is it worth the difference in price of two similarly optioned vehicles? For me it came down to the one that I found that ticked the appropriate boxes so I now own the CTTS... So, see if you can drive both versions and then decide for yourself.

In the end either one can will you happy, but you need to make sure whichever direction you go, just make sure it has the color and features that you have listed as "must haves".

Old 06-15-2017, 01:08 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I think the CTTS is worth the extra delta only if you can find a car that meets what you are looking for in terms of equipment and color.

I have the CTT and both my brother and dad have the CTTS. Is it better. Yes. Can you feel the difference in terms of power, yes. But if I were in your shoes, I would jump on the vehicle that meets my needs if that happens to be the CTTS, I would gladly spend the extra money.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:11 PM
That was what i was thinking too. I will wait for a silver/grey/black (in that order) with black interior to come along then. Waiting is tough!!!!

Old 06-15-2017, 01:27 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I bet. If these things are taken care of, they are pretty bulletproof.

I have a 2013 bought new and it is approaching 100k. Never had a warranty issue. Just maintenance and the fuel regulator went out recently. Both my brother and dad had 2011 CTT. Both went well over 100k in miles. Only issue was the 02 sensor around 120k on one of the Ctt's. The both traded it in for a new CTTS's in 2016...

Old 06-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Fkim011
If these things are taken care of, they are pretty bulletproof.

I have a 2013 bought new and it is approaching 100k. Never had a warranty issue. Just maintenance and the fuel regulator went out recently. Both my brother and dad had 2011 CTT. Both went well over 100k in miles. Only issue was the 02 sensor around 120k on one of the Ctt's. The both traded it in for a new CTTS's in 2016...

That is great to hear and what I am counting on

One other comment that I would make is this....

When I ranked my options, I did put an * by a few of them that could be added later, but might cost more... For example, I wanted the tow hitch, but this can be added. It is a lot more expensive later, but again, if everything else was there, then just factor those additional $s and if it is within the set budget you are good. Wheels, black trim, etc... many things can be added/changed, but some others such as PDCC, 4-zone climate, 18 way seats can't be, so find the one that meets your needs.

Additionally, my gut tells me that once the new model comes out you are going to find some that are coming off lease or getting traded in because some people just have to get the very latest - luckily for us, they pay the initial depreciation.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:17 PM
Agreed. Latest does not interest me and so far, i never buy 1st year model anyway. I like quality AND value. Thank you both!

Old 06-15-2017, 09:49 PM
Wamer27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does the PDCC get you launch control where not having it doesn't? Other then that, PDCC is just meant for the track, and who really is taking our suvs to a track? My PDCC broke on my 08 and I realized very quickly it was a pointless option. OP once you find your vehicle, use Porsche of St Paul for service as I see you also are in MN. Justin the service guy is our age and cool as ****. He's saved me tons if money on services due to our friendship. Also, look a guy Dave who sells vehicles there can find you anything. Dude sells 200+ vehicles a year working the Porsche and MB side. Tell Justin (the service advisor) Scott with 11 CTT told you about them if you didn't already know. They let me supply my own parts and I've become good buddies with Ben the one mechanic who works on mine. I can't speak highly enough of these three guys.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the tips! I told people that when i brings my M3 (sold) in, i'm going to the stealership...

Old 06-16-2017, 06:39 AM
Wamer27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by aw001
Thanks for the tips! I told people that when i brings my M3 (sold) in, i'm going to the stealership...
dealership has always been hundreds less then Auto Edge in Mahtomedi and Eurotech in New Brighton. I have no clue how those two huge ripoff places stay in business. I see Auto Edge cars at the dealer because they couldn't fix things.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by Wamer27
Does the PDCC get you launch control where not having it doesn't? Other then that, PDCC is just meant for the track, and who really is taking our suvs to a track? My PDCC broke on my 08 and I realized very quickly it was a pointless option.

Maybe it was just my mind telling me it felt different, but when I compare the non-PDCC CTT to the PDCC CTTS during test drives, it really felt like the PDCC made it corner better and have less body roll. I have also read that PDCC and PTV will provide better stability when towing. I haven't towed yet, but will be shortly so I will be curious to see what that feels like compared to using our Expedition or old Tahoe. I do know that many people swear that once you have it you will miss it for whatever that is worth.

I don't know the answer about launch control....

Old 06-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Old 06-16-2017, 02:20 PM
The CTT/CTTS doesn't come with launch control in any form.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.