Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

2003 - 2006 Cayenne Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:28 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
2003 - 2006 Cayenne Recall

Go to the NHTSA website and see if your vehicle's VIN is covered by the recall. It probably is. Here's what came up for mine:

Sep 27,2017

Manufacturer Recall NumberAH10

NHTSA Recall Number17V-576

Recall Status Recall Incomplete

Summary Fine hairline cracks can appear, after an extended period of use, on the filter flange of the fuel pump of the affected vehicles.

Safety Risk External aging exposure and oxidization reduces the component strength over an extended vehicle life. Additionally, fuel components intrude into the fuel filter flange material under pressure from the inside and cause tension within the component Porsche believes that the combination of both may, over time, eventually lead to the formation of small cracks, allowing fuel to seep from the fuel filter flange. Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source may cause a risk of fire

Remedy Vehicles affected by this action will be recalled to the workshop to have filter flanges exchanged with newer filter flanges and a protective film will be fitted to the parts.

Manufacturer's Notes

If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner, please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Alx5 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info. what should I do next? wait for the dealer to call me or approach them with this info?

ALX5

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.