Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Any 1 know any history about this 2009 TTS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 04:54 AM
Alexcwt is on a distinguished road
Any 1 know any history about this 2009 TTS?

I just bought this 2009 Cayenne Turbo S in Austin. Vin WP1AC29P79LA81158. It has Techart daytime running lights and Techart exhaust system (no cats). I am just wondering if the prior owner is here and could shed light on what else was done to the car. Any other mods I should know about, etc.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-03-25_15-54-05_IMG_1580.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	4.88 MB
ID:	523110  
Old 03-27-2018, 08:03 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats. Great looking car. I've never seen those Sport Design wheels on a Cayenne, only on 911s and Boxster / Caymans. What are the widths and offsets (should be embossed by the valve stem if they're OEM Porsche wheels).

With an aftermarket exhaust, I'd also look to see if you have an aftermarket air intake too. Do you have the Primary cats, were the secondary cats deleted?

How many miles?

These look so good in white, I painted my black TTS pearl white as part of the widebody conversion.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Petza914
Congrats. Great looking car. I've never seen those Sport Design wheels on a Cayenne, only on 911s and Boxster / Caymans. What are the widths and offsets (should be embossed by the valve stem if they're OEM Porsche wheels).

With an aftermarket exhaust, I'd also look to see if you have an aftermarket air intake too. Do you have the Primary cats, were the secondary cats deleted?

How many miles?

These look so good in white, I painted my black TTS pearl white as part of the widebody conversion.
The wheels said 10 - 50 front and 10 - 45 rear. They are factory wheels. Are they installed wrong?

No after market intake. I can't find the primary cats. Just techart straight pipe from the flexible part all the way back to the rear dual muffler. The front hangers were all broken. I got them welded back today.

she has 82k on the clock.

I have been looking at your progress. Gonna do a lot of things you did on the "protections" side of things. Like the catch cans etc. But need to get all the fluids and stuff to baseline right now.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:38 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alexcwt
The wheels said 10 - 50 front and 10 - 45 rear. They are factory wheels. Are they installed wrong?

No after market intake. I can't find the primary cats. Just techart straight pipe from the flexible part all the way back to the rear dual muffler. The front hangers were all broken. I got them welded back today.

she has 82k on the clock.

I have been looking at your progress. Gonna do a lot of things you did on the "protections" side of things. Like the catch cans etc. But need to get all the fluids and stuff to baseline right now.
The lower offset number makes the wheel further out, so normally you'd want the wider track on the rear, which means for a staggered setup they are installed correctly, but most Cayennes run a square setup. I'm thinking those wheels might be 2 rear sets from a Cayman, Boxster, or 996 unless the options tracker based on your VIN shows a Sport Design Wheel as part of the build. Either way, you're probably fine, although the weight of a Cayenne is about double that of a Cayman or 911.

Without Primary Cats, the vehicle must have a tune or I think you'd get a check engine light. Secondary cat delete is pretty popular because it only deletes the cats downstream from the O2 sensors, but Primary Cat delete is a different story. If you live in a state that does Emissions inspection with a tailpipe sniffer and/or a visual check, having no cats at all might cause you an issue.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by Petza914
The lower offset number makes the wheel further out, so normally you'd want the wider track on the rear, which means for a staggered setup they are installed correctly, but most Cayennes run a square setup. I'm thinking those wheels might be 2 rear sets from a Cayman, Boxster, or 996 unless the options tracker based on your VIN shows a Sport Design Wheel as part of the build. Either way, you're probably fine, although the weight of a Cayenne is about double that of a Cayman or 911.

Without Primary Cats, the vehicle must have a tune or I think you'd get a check engine light. Secondary cat delete is pretty popular because it only deletes the cats downstream from the O2 sensors, but Primary Cat delete is a different story. If you live in a state that does Emissions inspection with a tailpipe sniffer and/or a visual check, having no cats at all might cause you an issue.
They make them in 5 offset increments for the rears? My build sheet shows CY2. Did a google image search, came back with some ROW ebay with this as factory TT wheels. I hope I’m good on this. The emblem looks worn.

I am thinking the same on the cats. That’s why I’m looking for history on the car to see what tune it has. The person did techart exhaust but left the tips factory. Looking under the car is just pipes. Dealer said there are 2 more up top. I don’t know how they can fit.

Do you happens to have a pdf owners manual. I searched everywhere with no avail. The car didn’t come with one. Suncoast is out of stock. Porsche site only go to 2011. Please help if you have access to anything.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:54 AM
My system looks kinda like this but without the little cans.

http://www.dieselstation.com/Techart...s03-i1517.html

Old 03-28-2018, 05:25 AM
Owners Manual

PDF Owners Manual is 14MB. If you send me an e-mail to petza914@gmail.com I can try to email it to you.