Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Does anyone mod a 958 CTT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 05:09 PM
kwyjibo is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone mod a 958 CTT?

Long time lurker, first time post...Hello everyone

I currently own my second CTT. The first was a 2005 955, I owned it for 4 years, and it was the best German car I've had yet. I am a fairly recent owner to a 2011 958 CTT. Bought it from Porsche San Diego (awesome experience there, truly!) as a certified pre-owned Porsche. The unlimited mileage warranty for me is great, I commute nearly 100 miles a day, so I am racking up the miles. It's my daily, but I am ready to modify it and notice that there are not a lot of 958 builds. The mods need to be top of the line, tasteful, and deliver more power. I am not looking for aesthetics.

Why are these not modded as much as the 955 and 957? Especially the 957, as the engine is nearly identical. I am being cautious with the warranty aspect, and for now am only doing bolt-ons that should not affect my coverage. I have a great local Porsche dealer service department and I have worked for a BMW dealership service department for almost 20 years. I have a fair idea what I can get away with and keep warranty happy. I am nearly finished building from scratch a full 3" down pipe back exhaust system. I may run straight pipe, or I may build a pair of straight through "glass-packs" mufflers. I have not decided yet. I just bought a pair of Agency Power diverters (I think my factory ones are weak). I have a pair of BMC filters on order.

Has anyone installed the CTTS intake manifold on a 958 CTT, Porsche p/n 94811000661? Seems like a cheap and efficient upgrade. The engines are similar, I would expect it to be a direct swap?
Has anyone here seen "real" dyno results for a IPD plenum on a CTT? I cannot find anyone who has done a before and after dyno comparison, only the manufacture's claims.
What does a stock 958 CTT typically put to the ground for numbers? Its over 100 degrees here now, I'm not too keen on dyno'ing during the summer months here in Phoenix.

Sorry if this has all been said before, I've looked through the web and can't find the answers. I figured I'd reach out to you guys/girls and see what you know

Old 06-12-2018, 08:47 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
On my Widebody 957 Turbo S with DFI motor I'm running an HHR Intake, ipd plenum, FVD Intercoolers, Fabspeed Secondary Cat Delete pipes, Evoms Billet Diverter Valves, a cargraphic muffler with NHP tips, and a Fabspeed Stage 2 tune. Not only does it sound better, but the car is significantly faster than stock - makes more boost for longer periods. But it's the tune that really woke it up and took advantage of the intake and exhaust mods. With you being CPO and having to worry about a warranty, I'm not sure you'll get a lot of bang for your bucks without the tune and I wouldn't do that until you're out of warranty. I have not put mine on a dyno though to truly see what it's making, but it's ridiculously fast now, like a Turbo S+.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:05 PM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
PM me. I sell an exhaust upgrade for 15hp dyno-tested gains...

Old 06-14-2018, 08:32 AM
porscheman170 is on a distinguished road
Hello kwyjibo,

I am going down a similar path with my 2012 958TT and I actually just dyno'd it.

Right now it is stock and put down 470hp and 511 lb/ft to the wheels on a Mustang dyno.

I am also in the process of getting a 3" custom cat back exhaust put on. My car is no longer under warranty so I am definitely doing a tune as well.

Good luck and keep us posted. I am curious to see how your exhaust comes out.

Old 08-03-2018, 05:15 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
I'm running the Fabspeed tune and that was the single best mod. I also run their secondary bypass pipes, BMC air filters, APR diverter valves, and IPD plenum (used off eBay). I was told by Fabspeed the plenum helps make power up and my tune is made to include that. They also didn't officially come out and say it but the plenum probably doesn't make that much power and I agree with them. One of the reasons I got it, besides being a lot cheaper used, is if I decide to add meth injection later on I can drill and tap the aluminum. I have a Milltek exhaust on the way since I blew some kind of baffle loose on the stock muffler at the last track day I did so I'll try to post a review on that once it gets here. I went resonated because I don't like loud exhausts (on cars). I'll add a catch can soon as well. All of the mods I've added haven't affected daily driving at all.

When I had my 955 CTT, I added the IPD plenum (another eBay find) and didn't notice any real differences at the dragstrip. I think it gave me like 0.25 MPG improvement but that's about all I feel it gave me. If there was more power I can't say that I really noticed. I also ran one of the cold air systems on that one but eventually went back to performance filters in the stock air boxes because I didn't like the amount of intake noise they added. That's why I'm running just air filters in the 958.

If you are considering track days then the brakes might be an area to upgrade. That has been a limiting factor.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:10 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Curious if you have any dyno numbers?

Any idea of actual gains?

Old 08-05-2018, 12:54 PM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
No dyno runs. Last time I was at the drag strip with it in the heat with bad 60' times (2.0 secs) it was running 12.9s, which was still enough to beat a C63 and a couple of SRT-8 challengers.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Thanks.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kudos Pete and the_head!

The best bang for your buck upgrades for the 958 Turbo are a set of Secondary Catbypass Pipes, BMC Filters and an ECU Tune.

The Secondary Catbypass Pipes will give you a throaty, deep tone (yet still very refined) along with approx. +15whp and no Check Engine Lights (as the Secondary Cats are not monitored/read by the ECU).

ECU Tuning is via the OBDII port using a handheld device and optimizes the vehicle across the board resulting in overall driveability improvements i.e. better throttle response and a smoother, more linear powerband.

Below is a dyno chart of a 958 TTS with our Secondary Catbypass Pipes & ECU Tune - gains of +99whp/140ft-lbs at 3,700 RPM and +86whp/105ft-lbs of peak gains.

Feel free to reach out for more info or for special forum pricing

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche/958-turbo-turbo-s/

Old 08-29-2018, 05:36 PM
arild1978 has much to be proud ofarild1978 has much to be proud ofarild1978 has much to be proud ofarild1978 has much to be proud ofarild1978 has much to be proud ofarild1978 has much to be proud ofarild1978 has much to be proud ofarild1978 has much to be proud of
Hi!

I've got a 2011 mod Cayenne Turbo 958.
Got the following mods:
-Remus Axleback exhaust
-HHR Second cat delete
-K/N Sport filter

When I bought the car installed a Racechip Ultimate TB. I felt that the power was increased significantly. (Before second cat delete).

At the moment I have the listed mods except the TB. -TB will not be installed again. Next mod is a proper ECU map. The tuner said that with my current mods 610bhp at the crank should be no problem.

On top of that I have a full Hamann bodykit, tinted windows, Techart 22" wheels.

Originally Posted by porscheman170
Hello kwyjibo,

I am going down a similar path with my 2012 958TT and I actually just dyno'd it.

Right now it is stock and put down 470hp and 511 lb/ft to the wheels on a Mustang dyno.

I am also in the process of getting a 3" custom cat back exhaust put on. My car is no longer under warranty so I am definitely doing a tune as well.

Good luck and keep us posted. I am curious to see how your exhaust comes out.

Last edited by arild1978; 08-29-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:27 AM
I always envision this tiny group of Porsche engine designers sitting around cringing and laughing at the DIYers and Tuners.

Its like this secret society of people that actually know the real answers and power capabilities of these machines but they will keep their secrets and watch us all experimenting trying to unlock the secrets.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:03 PM
marinerbc is an unknown quantity at this point
before i did have a 2016 CTT with PSE did not dream of having any mods on it, but now i am thinking of theses mods and it will be nice to hear any feedback or ideas.

1- Ignition coils https://www.cosmoracing.com/high-pow...1-2017-4.8L-V8

2- Sparlk plugs one step cooler and 0.4 mm center electrode https://www.densoproducts.com/product.aspx?zpid=11205

3- Tune https://www.essingperformancecenter....s-520hp-730nm/

4- Secondary cats delete and mid pipes only as i do not want to change the PSE muffler, thinking about having the Akrapovic DP-PO/T/1 and E-PO/T/3

https://www.lmperformance.com/871290...-titanium.html

https://www.lmperformance.com/871315...-titanium.html

Old 10-25-2018, 11:47 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by marinerbc
before i did have a 2016 CTT with PSE did not dream of having any mods on it, but now i am thinking of theses mods and it will be nice to hear any feedback or ideas.

1- Ignition coils https://www.cosmoracing.com/high-pow...1-2017-4.8L-V8

2- Sparlk plugs one step cooler and 0.4 mm center electrode https://www.densoproducts.com/product.aspx?zpid=11205

3- Tune https://www.essingperformancecenter....s-520hp-730nm/

4- Secondary cats delete and mid pipes only as i do not want to change the PSE muffler, thinking about having the Akrapovic DP-PO/T/1 and E-PO/T/3

https://www.lmperformance.com/871290...-titanium.html

https://www.lmperformance.com/871315...-titanium.html
These all seem like pretty solid upgrades for the car. You're going to fall in love with Akrapovic pieces. The built quality is truly a work of art. If you'd like a deal on them give me a shout and I'll help set you up.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:52 PM
marinerbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WheelB
These all seem like pretty solid upgrades for the car. You're going to fall in love with Akrapovic pieces. The built quality is truly a work of art. If you'd like a deal on them give me a shout and I'll help set you up.
Great , PM sent thank you

Old 02-14-2020, 09:15 PM
ET911 is on a distinguished road
Hi there,

Did you ever get the ECU done and is the power what you expected?

I'm looking at tuning my 958TT and want to pick the best tune available..

Your suggestion to get the coils is one I will do also and I will remove the secondary cats as well.

Regards,
Eli

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does anyone mod a 958 CTT?