Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech: Dynojet RPM/Tach Signal Wire?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Post Tech: Dynojet RPM/Tach Signal Wire?

I have a specific request from my Dyno shop..

I need to find a RPM/Tach signal wire since a lot of Dynojets cannot pull RPM through the OBDII port. I cannot find an ECU/DME wiring diagram for a MY08 CTT - even through PIWIS TIS.

I cannot use the tach wire at the coilpacks since the valve covers block access to the harness when installed. It looks like removing the valve covers with the engine running might be an issue as well, since there are open holes in the head for crankcase ventilation.

Does anyone know the color code of the tach wire at the ECU/DME that I can use on this application?

Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
My Dynojet shop uses one of the green/gray wires in one of the bundles at the ECU. On my Cayman there are 6 of them...you will have 8 to pick from.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TAch Miami
My Dynojet shop uses one of the green/gray wires in one of the bundles at the ECU. On my Cayman there are 6 of them...you will have 8 to pick from.
Thanks! I just found a closeup when I replaced my intake manifold and did not see a green/gray wire in one of the spark plug/coil pack bundles (assuming these are the same wires ran from the ECU). Are you sure the color code is the same for the 957 CTT?

Looks like I have 2 brown wires, 1 red w/ green stripe wire, 1 green w/ yellow stripe wire.

Here is an image I took for reference:

Old 09-14-2012, 06:19 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if the colors run the same but yours look like a bigger gauge or have more insulation. The top bundle in the pic has the green/grey wires. I imagine it would be difficult to dyno the car without the manifold in place.

Attached Images  
Old 10-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by TAch Miami
I don't know if the colors run the same but yours look like a bigger gauge or have more insulation. The top bundle in the pic has the green/grey wires. I imagine it would be difficult to dyno the car without the manifold in place.
Thanks for the response. I just called my dyno shop to confirm the time, where they agreed to help my locate the ignition coil / tach pickup wire through trial and error. Not the most efficient use of time, but should be able to pinpoint it.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Update:

For anyone else looking for this information for a Dynojet dyno, they were able to put the induction wire around all four wires of 1 coil pack to get a reliable tach/torque reading.