Boost Gauge or P3 VIDI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 03:40 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Boost Gauge or P3 VIDI

I just noticed that ECS is selling the P3 VIDI or vent display. It looks like a pretty slick product. I've been thinking of adding a better boost gauge than the factory one.

This seems like an unobtrusive and very slick way to get not only boost info but other info too. Although the information on what it actually displays is a bit vague on the P# cars site.

Has anyone tried this yet? This is the first I've seen them. Sure would be easier than tearing up the center speaker enclosure and adding a pod like others have done.

Here it is.... http://www.ecstuning.com/News/Porsch...005/ES2792718/

Old 12-31-2014, 05:20 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
Looks nice

Old 01-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Lets just say I have been in contact with one of the guys in charge over there at P3cars for several months now..If all goes well, you can expect a full write up soon since ECS Tuning is a board sponsor

Old 01-02-2015, 08:40 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Lets just say I have been in contact with one of the guys in charge over there at P3cars for several months now..If all goes well, you can expect a full write up soon since ECS Tuning is a board sponsor
Cool. It really seems like a great idea. How do you manage to stay one step ahead on everything?!

Old 01-04-2015, 08:49 AM
Fastcayenneturbo is on a distinguished road
Any thoughts on where you would mount the display? I'm thinking about purchasing but not sure where I would mount.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Cool. It really seems like a great idea. How do you manage to stay one step ahead on everything?!
I am just an enthusiast first and foremost. I have been trying to nudge this to market for the Cayenne scene since around April of last year. Glad to see others are interesting in it as well!

Originally Posted by Fastcayenneturbo
Any thoughts on where you would mount the display? I'm thinking about purchasing but not sure where I would mount.
It would mount in the left side dash vent. However, I would hold off for now since I ran into a snag on the 957 and trying to circle back for more information.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:07 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
My list keeps getting longer even though I'm knocking things off of it.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Update:

Just heard back from P3cars. They are under the impression that the gauge will work for the MY 04-07 Cayennes (955). However, there is a hiccup for the MY 08-10 Cayennes (957) whereas the gauge is not functioning.

They are bringing in a 957 Cayenne this week for further development and will send out a software patch as soon as they have one ready.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Update:

Just heard back from P3cars. They are under the impression that the gauge will work for the MY 04-07 Cayennes (955). However, there is a hiccup for the MY 08-10 Cayennes (957) whereas the gauge is not functioning.

They are bringing in a 957 Cayenne this week for further development and will send out a software patch as soon as they have one ready.
Cool, I wondered about that. It does say on their site that it's for 1st gen Cayennes. I grabbed one from ECS. Will be interesting to see.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Fastcayenneturbo is on a distinguished road
Have you heard anything from them in regards to 958?

Old 01-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Should have mine at my door when I get home tonight. I didn't see any instructions on their site for installing it on Cayennes. Looks like the only part that will be interesting is figuring out how to run the hose for boost.

Did you already install one in yours Kent?

Last edited by jdubbya; 01-09-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:38 PM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Think outside the box.
Name:  IMG_0701_zpsf696038a.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  59.2 KB

Old 01-09-2015, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by TT VIPER
Think outside the box.

That's exactly what I didn't want to do. Where did you hook the boost gauge
in?

Old 01-09-2015, 11:19 PM
WELL......pulled the vent and installed the VIDI tonight. Not a bad job to get just that done. Took me a couple minutes to figure out how to get the vanes out of the vent so I could install the gauge. But it's not bad.

The bad news is it doesn't seem to work....at all. I tried plugging and unplugging it several times but to no avail. All I got was a little blinking light that the "quick start guide" says should only blink for about 45 seconds before it starts working normally. It just never did start working.

I might mess with it a little bit more tomorrow but if it won't work I'll likely have to wait until Monday to get in touch with them. I had high hopes that this was going to be an easy plug and play.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:37 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jdubbya
That's exactly what I didn't want to do. Where did you hook the boost gauge
in?
That's a lot of work indeed. The picture doesn't show the boost gauge but it's an Innovate boost/shift gauge and I decided to put it to the far left and place the Air/Fuel to the far right. I'll take a picture as soon as it comes back from the leather guy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boost Gauge or P3 VIDI