Are new 2015 style tail lights a direct fit to 2011/2012 models?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 09:56 AM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
Are new 2015 style tail lights a direct fit to 2011/2012 models?

I am curious if the new style LED tail lights and full LED headlights can be fitted to non facelift earlier cars. Size and shape of the units look almost identical.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:15 PM
TR991 has a spectacular aura aboutTR991 has a spectacular aura about
Have you had a chance to see them in person? The headlights are sufficiently different in shape when compared to the 2011-2014 models that it wouldn't be a simple swap.

If you wanted to do the conversion, you'd probably also need to buy new fenders, hood, bumper, bumper support and, of course, the headlights. This is assuming that the wiring harness and plugs are the same. It would likely also require re-programming at a Porsche dealership.

The taillights are also very different. I overlaid the two rear styles as best I could to show the differences. Please keep in mind that there are some inconsistencies due to the different perspective on each photo.

For the rear, you'd probably need the taillights, new rear bumper and also even a new rear hatch and all new hardware underneath. From what I can tell the top-outside line (against the unibody) on the taillight remains the same, but that's probably to reduce cost.

It might be possible, but between parts and labor costs it wouldn't be worth the money involved. I have a 2013, I'll wait for the 2019/2020 models.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:02 AM
Boxs11 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am thinking that for Back no need to replace the fenders
only hood , bumper lights exhaust pipes
cables and control unit
I will try to get the parts and try to convert)

Originally Posted by TR991
Have you had a chance to see them in person? The headlights are sufficiently different in shape when compared to the 2011-2014 models that it wouldn't be a simple swap.

If you wanted to do the conversion, you'd probably also need to buy new fenders, hood, bumper, bumper support and, of course, the headlights. This is assuming that the wiring harness and plugs are the same. It would likely also require re-programming at a Porsche dealership.

The taillights are also very different. I overlaid the two rear styles as best I could to show the differences. Please keep in mind that there are some inconsistencies due to the different perspective on each photo.

For the rear, you'd probably need the taillights, new rear bumper and also even a new rear hatch and all new hardware underneath. From what I can tell the top-outside line (against the unibody) on the taillight remains the same, but that's probably to reduce cost.

It might be possible, but between parts and labor costs it wouldn't be worth the money involved. I have a 2013, I'll wait for the 2019/2020 models.