2011 Cayenne S snapped all bolts from adjustable camgear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 09:40 AM
inetforce is on a distinguished road
2011 Cayenne S snapped all bolts from adjustable camgear

Hello everyone!

I am going through hell with my Cayenne at 70,000 miles. The bolts of the adjustable camgear in the left bank snapped causing several valves to bent.

This seems to be a factory issue because some months back the right back was fixed before all bolts snapped completely.

Can anyone give me any information on this?
Will Porsche take any responsibility on this and help out?

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-03-2017, 04:07 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
There is currently a Porsche recall for this EXACT problem. Have the vehicle flatbedded to a dealer and tell them "fix it.." if they give you any crap mention Porsche Campaign AH08. They will cover all costs - up to a new engine (depending on the damage done..)

Meanwhile for some light reading, might I suggest: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-failure.html - you can follow the entire history and see how applying the right pressure at the right place resulted in a satisfactory conclusion.

BTW - they should have done BOTH banks when one bank failed.. Porsche isn't going to be happy with this dealer. And if they charged you for the first repair - you're owed money by Porsche Cars NA.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:20 AM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
Same thing happened to my 2011 CTT back in 2015 with 121K,dealer covered the engine and the previous owner paid $5k for the labor.

Have them to fix it at their expense, the 4/50 warranty should not apply here.

Keep us posted!

Old 11-21-2018, 01:44 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
PCNA picks up the bill at dealer

Old 11-21-2018, 01:48 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
It appears that inetforce just came here - dumped his problem - and disappeared. He hasn't been on the site since he posted the message starting this thread. I hate that sort of thing..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.