Re-introduction, new to me 2013 CTT mod thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Sjt0017 is on a distinguished road
Re-introduction, new to me 2013 CTT mod thread

Hey Y'all!

I spent some 4 years or so away from the Porsche scene, I had a 955 CTT get totaled out by insurance after a botched pano roof install by a dealer (linky).
I've had a Lexus GS450h, lifted 2015 GMC Sierra SLT, and after a recent move to Austin for a new job opportunity, I needed to downsize to a "normal" vehicle so I sold the truck about a month ago and started actively shopping for Cayennes again.

Proud to say that as of yesterday, I am back in business!
Took delivery on a 2013 CTT, dark blue metallic with black leather interior.
Walnut interior package, heated/vented seats, Sport Design package, black gloss trim package, 21" Turbo II's.

I have already ordered Hank's 2.5" 2nd cat bypasses and actively shopping for a good quality tune (EVOMS or Fabspeed?) - that's about all I plan on doing for HP.

For aesthetics, I already have smoked side markers to install, will have the headlights, tail lights, & rear fogs tint sprayed. I'll also be tinting the front windows to match the rest of the truck.

Though I will stay with 21" wheels for comfort purposes, I've always felt that the Turbo II's look so... 2013. IMO, I think that a new wheel style could make the Pig feel & look more updated (Looking at OEM Sport Editions with spacers, and Rohana RFX10's since Vorsteiner VFF107's are only 20/22"). I have a hesitation with Rohana because that they don't advertise the actual weight of their brand new wheel design.
I really want do avoid black wheels and do a gloss graphite/gunmetal wheel again.

Last mod I think I'll do is a lowering module of some sort. Would be nice to lower it via Durametric or PIWIS as I did with my 955, I have been lurking but haven't seen anybody pull it off on 958's yet.

Once I buy a tune, I will try to find a local dyno day here in Austin and do 3 different pulls and share with everybody on here, since so many people still wonder about hp gains per mod:
- Baseline
- + tune / or + bypasses
- + bypasses and tune

I look forward to CTT ownership and sharing the mod journey with you fine folk!
For now here's a pic of the old 955 CTT & the one rainy day pic I took with the country of Texas' capitol building in the background.

Cheers!

Old 12-28-2017, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Welcome and congrats! The 958 CTT is an awesome, very stout platform

We offer ECU Tuning via a MyGenius handheld device:

Along with the significant power/tq increase, you'll also notice better throttle response and a smoother/more linear powerband. Really wakes the vehicles up nicely.

For reference, here is a 958 Turbo S dyno chart (with ECU Tune & Secondary Catbypass)

We did all dyno testing in house at Fabspeed Motorsport on our in-house Dynojet. Fabspeed's ECU Tune for the Porsche 958 Cayenne Turbo provides maximum gains of over 99 whp and 140 ft-lbs of torque at 3700 RPM. Peak gains were 86 whp and 105 ft/lbs of torque. This vehicle was equipped with our Secondary Catbypass Pipes.

Please feel free to PM me for questions or pricing. We are running 10% off with free Domestic U.S. shipping through the end of the month.

http://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-958-...peed-ecu-tune/

Old 01-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Hey Alec,

I just made an order yesterday with Phillip, now I'm waiting on confirmation email so I can send my tune spec sheet. Not sure if it makes any difference, but I did tell him I was working with you. Much appreciated!

Old 01-04-2018, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sjt0017
Hey Alec,

I just made an order yesterday with Phillip, now I'm waiting on confirmation email so I can send my tune spec sheet. Not sure if it makes any difference, but I did tell him I was working with you. Much appreciated!
Awesome - thanks again!

Your device is on its way. Please let me know if you have any questions

Old 01-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Awesome - thanks again!

Your device is on its way. Please let me know if you have any questions

I actually just received a notification that it's been delivered. Talk about fast service! I'll upload tonight and send the file to you guys. Thanks!