Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

955 turbo performance mods thread??!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:18 AM
Xxslowpokexx is an unknown quantity at this point
955 turbo performance mods thread??!!!

I’m having an issue searching around here. Looking for some good threads for performance upgrades and perhaps factory upgrades from never cayenne to mine. For example I’ve seen 011 intake and tb’s for sale, and various other bits such as ic’s from various years.

I figured id work on the exhaust a tune and air intake modifications. Not sure what else is reasonable from a bolt on perspective that’s worth it. I do have a programmable meth kit which I thought may be fun to use from one of my cars I converted to e85.

if anyone frequents here and would like to lead me it be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Old 06-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Xxslowpokexx
I’m having an issue searching around here. Looking for some good threads for performance upgrades and perhaps factory upgrades from never cayenne to mine. For example I’ve seen 011 intake and tb’s for sale, and various other bits such as ic’s from various years.

I figured id work on the exhaust a tune and air intake modifications. Not sure what else is reasonable from a bolt on perspective that’s worth it. I do have a programmable meth kit which I thought may be fun to use from one of my cars I converted to e85.

if anyone frequents here and would like to lead me it be much appreciated.

Many thanks

There are no intake upgrades for the 955.

IMO,
Exhaust, bmc filters, bosch 710n diverter valves, a catch can, and tune last.

Intercooler upgrades are stupid expensive. You have found the ideal vehicle to use that meth kit on! Not only will it love the octane but charge tems are going to be your biggest hurdle to making power and longevity.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/1006166-2004-cayenne-955-turbo-upgrade-build-thread-custom-manifolds-bw-efr-7163-s.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-14-2018 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:26 AM
Banned
FlexBox is an unknown quantity at this point
What is it?

Old 08-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Update

Figured I’d give an update. Currently created my own 4” intakes using ridged abs plastic 4” pipe high flow filters and -silicone couplers to mount 4” pipe to maf. I left metal and plastic screens on the maf housing. I also replaced my rear muffler with two dynomax ultra flow mufflers and removed my secondary cats. The pipes did not fit well...,,,, after all that I put in a eurocharge tune and saw that I wasn’t getting the commanded boost.

So so I now have new diverter valves to put in. Question is while I’m at it I want to change out the prongs in the ic tubes. Are they all the same? I bought the truck with what I thought was a valve cover leak. But it seems it’s an o ring issue. That may also be my boost issue.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:42 AM
I meant IC tube o rings not prongs!

Old 08-21-2018, 10:22 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
You will actually lose power with those intakes due to high intake air temps. The Cayenne uses IAT's from the map sensor pre throttle body to calc engine running parameters.

Last edited by Mr. Haney; 08-21-2018 at 10:25 PM.