Rant from a smog shop owner / fellow p car guy - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Porsche (Present) > Cayenne
Reload this Page >

Rant from a smog shop owner / fellow p car guy

Old 09-24-2018, 12:26 AM
Galun is on a distinguished road

Look at my avatar - I joined over 10 years ago. Legit P car euthuastist. Not just some run of the mill drive by comment poster.

I own a chain of smog shops in Northern California. Recently I had a 957 turbo come in with a P0420 code. The car would likely fail smog. Instead of failing him and put the failure on record with the state, I instructed my tech to refuse the test so he does not have a smog failure on his record. This helps him out since he has no record of smog failure.

How did this guy “repay” my help? Left me a one star review on yelp, saying I was shady for refusing the test, despite me explaining to him how this helped hin out. That was stupid of me to try to help out a fellow p car guy. Guarantee it will not happen again.

Look, I get it. We can afford a Porsche, we know more than most, we can afford our awesome cars, we are mechanically inclined, etc etc. But sometimes, really, people are trying to help. Well, not anymore.

Rant over.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:04 PM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Did you advise him to change out the bank1 pre-cat 02 sensor?

Old 10-03-2018, 08:41 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
No good deed goes unpunished sometimes. Nice of you to try, too bad he didn't get it.