Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Cayenne S Buying Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 10:59 PM
rennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to behold
2015 Cayenne S Buying Advice

A buddy of mine is thinking about a 2015 Cayenne S. About 30k on it and still has a few months of factory warranty left. Any advice or info on this model?
Thanks!

Old 11-07-2018, 04:37 PM
rennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to behold
Anyone?
Nearly 200 views, no comment?

Old 11-08-2018, 10:37 AM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
What questions do you have?

I find the forums more helpful when i ask more specific questions. Not saying that is the reason for no response , I had a valid question a few weeks ago and got limited response too.
Everyone is going to have an opinion, but I personally would buy a CPO or Porsche certified preowned. Normally found at Porsche dealers , but i have seen CPO cars being sold by
private sellers and independent dealers.
We don't know the configuration and price and miles so i guess we cannot comment on the deal that your friend is getting.
Since hes buying used, he can get a higher spec car, since the higher msrp cars go for close to the same as the base cars. They will go for more money , but not as much as the
difference when new. i know other members rave about the Burmeister stereo, I only have Bose in my 991 and just picked up a CTTS , also with only Bose.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Appreciate the reply.
Looks like it's partly my fault for posting the question in the general forum.
This one still has the original warranty and about 30k on it.
I was just mainly concerned about any issues that this particular model has, if any.
Thanks

Old 11-08-2018, 12:13 PM
i know the had some problems with the 2011's , which is the same body, it was a recall on just some of the 2011's even though some were affected , that were not recalled. but by 2015 , it was already sorted out. If its a cpo, your friend gets 2 years bumper to bumper , beyond the factory warranty. Even though it a pretty trouble free car, anything that goes wrong. is normally not cheap. If your friend is used to p-tax, then its all good.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:51 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Old 11-10-2018, 11:14 PM
Thanks!
Good into!

Old 01-01-2019, 03:33 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deaddana
I find the forums more helpful when i ask more specific questions. Not saying that is the reason for no response , I had a valid question a few weeks ago and got limited response too.
Everyone is going to have an opinion, but I personally would buy a CPO or Porsche certified preowned. Normally found at Porsche dealers , but i have seen CPO cars being sold by
private sellers and independent dealers.
We don't know the configuration and price and miles so i guess we cannot comment on the deal that your friend is getting.
Since hes buying used, he can get a higher spec car, since the higher msrp cars go for close to the same as the base cars. They will go for more money , but not as much as the
difference when new. i know other members rave about the Burmeister stereo, I only have Bose in my 991 and just picked up a CTTS , also with only Bose.
Only Porsche can sell a CPO car or you buy an already CPO'd car from a private party. An independent dealer cannot sell a Porsche CPO car even if it is a CPO car that was traded in. The trade in voids the CPO warranty, its in the CPO paperwork.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by 90sundevil
Only Porsche can sell a CPO car or you buy an already CPO'd car from a private party. An independent dealer cannot sell a Porsche CPO car even if it is a CPO car that was traded in. The trade in voids the CPO warranty, its in the CPO paperwork.

Strange, i bought a 991 last year from music city motorsports in Nashville. An independent dealer. They did not sell it cpo. I bought an extended warranty , then , at first service, I complained about a power window switch being broken , told my service advisor at st louis porsche to fix it and told him about my extended warranty. He looked it up and said not needed, the car was and still is a CPO and thus covered. i cancelled my extended warranty the next day and got a refund. Perhaps mine slipped through the cracks.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:48 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deaddana
Strange, i bought a 991 last year from music city motorsports in Nashville. An independent dealer. They did not sell it cpo. I bought an extended warranty , then , at first service, I complained about a power window switch being broken , told my service advisor at st louis porsche to fix it and told him about my extended warranty. He looked it up and said not needed, the car was and still is a CPO and thus covered. i cancelled my extended warranty the next day and got a refund. Perhaps mine slipped through the cracks.
Someone is going to slip through the cracks with the amount of CPO cars they sell, hope you don't get stuck with a multi-thousand dollar repair bill. Even Carfax takes a while for a sold car to show up on their report.