6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-148/)
-   -   Cayenne Turbo Vibration when Stopping!!! Help (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne/427081-cayenne-turbo-vibration-when-stopping-help.html)

Coppertop44 12-13-2018 10:16 AM

Cayenne Turbo Vibration when Stopping!!! Help

Hello all
I'm reaching our for solutions
I have a 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo and my issue is, when coming to a stop of any kind the car vibrates and idle dips ever so slightly. I have changed out the spark plugs and coils, Drive Belt, and the Secondary air injection system P0491 code threw at me just recently. I'm at a loss at this point...
When coming to a stop if I put it into neutral it doesn't vibrate. When it's cold it's worse.
Thoughts???

Zuffenhausen955 12-14-2018 10:02 PM

Replace your torque strut....
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...6bac7ccab7.jpg

sswong98 04-15-2019 12:45 PM

I have the same issue. When my 2006 Cayenne S about to come to a stop, I feel a little vibration. I don't feel it when I put the car into neutral. The front brakes (pads and rotors), torque strut and lower control arms have been changed out. I am wondering if the issue is motor or trans mount? I haven't noticed a drop in idle and I have no codes.

racer_65 04-28-2019 12:05 AM

Same issue with my 2006 Cayenne S. I guess "they all do that". I've searched various forums over the years. No definitive solution has ever been posted. The most common hypothesis are:
1) Cracked coils, even those that don't throw a code.
2) Vacuum leak in air-oil separator cap. Replaced mine, and it did not solve my problem.
3) Leaking motor mount. Not easy to replace.

Vicente 09-24-2019 09:11 PM

Hello,

I have a 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo and while driving the car seems to shift into neutral on its own.The brakes all of a sudden do not work and when I press on the accelerator it just revs but does not go anywhere. I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything similar in these forums.

The thing is it happens maybe 1 once a month so very hard to reproduce. Seems to happen mostly at very low speeds under 20 mph or when at a complete stop idling with my foot on the break.
I have to turn the engine off and try to restart the car. Usually I only need to try and restart once and the car is back to normal.
The last couple of times it did happen it was around 90 degrees outside. Kind of lost on this one.

Zuffenhausen955 09-24-2019 11:26 PM

There has been a worldwide recall, on the shift bushings. Get the dealer to install and look into the ghost shifts too.

Tecchie 08-19-2020 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by racer_65 (Post 4779484)
Same issue with my 2006 Cayenne S. I guess "they all do that". I've searched various forums over the years. No definitive solution has ever been posted. The most common hypothesis are:
1) Cracked coils, even those that don't throw a code.
2) Vacuum leak in air-oil separator cap. Replaced mine, and it did not solve my problem.
3) Leaking motor mount. Not easy to replace.

Research I've done points to the AISIN transmission in our vehicles. Specifically Valve Body issues. I have the same issue when coming to a stop. All mounts are good and solid. I had my mechanic check. Some of the symptoms I have in addition to that are the hard 5-4 downshift when under heavy acceleration, and an occasion of a 4-5 shift flare under full throttle... Other than that, it works totally fine. But for some reason, these AISIN transmissions use aluminum in certain areas of the valve bodies that wear out and cause issues over time. I have similar issues on my VW Jetta that uses the same series but front wheel layout. and obviously built for far less power. But they used the ****ty parts on all these transmissions, which is probably why Porsche switched to the PDK (which is ****ty for off-roading really, cause akin to the DSG found in VW/Audi vehicles..

I thought about tackling the valve body swap myself, but seeing as this is my current DD, I can't afford the downtime if I **** something up... The valve body is far cheaper than replacing the whole unit, but I'm not against looking into the cost of a rebuilt unit that has all the updated parts in it.. I just can't afford the probable $5k+ it may cost to replace it as I only paid $9,200 out the door for my 2005 Turbo. I do plan on keeping it for the long haul even if repair costs exceed its value. But that's me.