03/20/10 - Colorado "Spring-Time" Cruise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
weather should be good so far. Looks like there will be no problems this weekend

Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wabbit636
The 67 from Denver has a lot of turns and is a nice road to have fun on but at some places there is a little sand on it.
I take this drive quite a bit to fish the South Platte and there's some great roads out there. All of them have sand on them though so it can be a little hairy if you try and push it through corners. Everywhere in the mountains on these less-traveled roads you get sand built up in the corners. If you don't know which ones really build up sand you can find yourself sliding very easily.....

Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 AM
imolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the rough
I responded on another forum, but I will be there too!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:34 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
I drove the route on Saturday. There was a bit of gravel, but not too bad. I'll keep a close eye on the weather on Friday. I'll update this thread either late Friday night or Saturday morning if we have to cancel this due to weather.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:14 PM
SevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lnferno
I drove the route on Saturday. There was a bit of gravel, but not too bad. I'll keep a close eye on the weather on Friday. I'll update this thread either late Friday night or Saturday morning if we have to cancel this due to weather.
I drove it on Saturday afternoon as well - I may have seen you going North. I was in the black STi hatch, following my friend in the wingless white '05.

Anyway, we had more snow down on the southern end last night, so I'm sure there is even more gravel on it now. Looks like a good shot at snow Friday and Friday night, and a small chance on Sat. :-\

Old 03-18-2010, 08:15 AM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Sorry guys, due to the weather predicted for Friday/Saturday, this is cancelled.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:30 AM
wabbit636 is on a distinguished road
Good thing it is cancelled as due to the snow fall I would of been driving the route in one of my Subarus instead. It would have been a different type of fun.

I love taking my subbie out on the streets when theres a few inches or more covering the streets.............

Hopefully next time we will have the weather on our side.

Any idea when you would like to reschedule this? I am available anytime on weekends except next Saturday (27 March) unless it startes a little later like 1:30.

Last edited by wabbit636; 03-19-2010 at 06:33 AM. Reason: added more to it........
Old 03-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Again, sorry for the weather and cancellation of this cruise this weekend. We value people's rides and more importantly, people's lives. For those that may not be aware, the route for this cruise is deep in the mountains with lots of twisties. These are just not safe conditions to have a cruise this weekend. The snow conditions in the mountains are a lot worse than in the city areas, so it's just not worth taking any unnecessary risks and putting people's lives in danger.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:37 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lnferno
Again, sorry for the weather and cancellation of this cruise this weekend. We value people's rides and more importantly, people's lives. For those that may not be aware, the route for this cruise is deep in the mountains with lots of twisties. These are just not safe conditions to have a cruise this weekend. The snow conditions in the mountains are a lot worse than in the city areas, so it's just not worth taking any unnecessary risks and putting people's lives in danger.
I agree 100%! I live along the route and there's no way anybody should be making this drive unless you have to. I already have 6" of snow at my house and it's falling at a couple of inches an hour. I took my 77 Ford out to get gas for the snowblower this morning and even with snowflake branded big huge off-road tires I slipped a little in the corners. Of course I might have been trying to do that a little...

It's amazing what a difference a couple of thousand feet make. I'm at 8000' and they projected 8-14" on the news this morning, which I know is wronger than wrong can be. It'll snow through nightfall at least and I'll get probably 2 ft before all is said and done.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:55 PM
JDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to all
i'm still down for a drive in the snow

Old 03-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JDMdoriffftoooo
i'm still down for a drive in the snow
not sure. today was slippery.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Aarron1974 is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to good weather again. This seemed to be heading towards a "big" turnout.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Aarron1974
Looking forward to good weather again. This seemed to be heading towards a "big" turnout.
Do you live in Indiglo Ranch by chance? I see a white STi like yours from time to time in that area.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Aarron1974 is on a distinguished road
I'm up near Tutt and Stetson Hills, so it could be me. What do you drive?

Old 03-28-2010, 08:17 AM
wabbit636 is on a distinguished road
Inferno.....whens the next cruise?

I will be heading up this route past deckers & HP hills and coming back the same way this afternoon for a quick joy ride since the weather is good.....have never been there yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 03/20/10 - Colorado "Spring-Time" Cruise