Denver large Euro GTG 3/28/10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 02:19 PM
wabbit636 is on a distinguished road
Yes....weather is cooperating and I look forward to the ride!

To those that are married, are your spouses coming on the ride? My wife is coming as she has been bugging me to go driving up in the moutains for a while now so there is no way she will miss it.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:50 PM
SevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura about
I'll see if my wife is interested. She's not too happy with me since installing the race exhaust on the S2000. Lol.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by SevenSisters
I'll see if my wife is interested. She's not too happy with me since installing the race exhaust on the S2000. Lol.

So I am guessing that your taking the S2000 out to play instead of the STI?

What color is your S2000? Would it happen to be yellow?

Old 04-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Aarron1974 is on a distinguished road
My wife probably won't be coming along. She doesn't prefer my driving on all day "spirited" drives.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 PM
SevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wabbit636
So I am guessing that your taking the S2000 out to play instead of the STI?

What color is your S2000? Would it happen to be yellow?
I've not decided yet, especially now that I've got summers mounted on wheels for the Subie. Either way, my wife has studies to tend to this weekend (and probably a little like Aarron's wife w/regard to my driving), so she won't be attending.

My S2K is Silverstone, known by most people simply as gray. hehe

Old 04-03-2010, 08:39 AM
I've not decided yet, especially now that I've got summers mounted on wheels for the Subie. Either way, my wife has studies to tend to this weekend (and probably a little like Aarron's wife w/regard to my driving), so she won't be attending.

My S2K is Silverstone, known by most people simply as gray. hehe
No problem.....looks like my wife will be the only one. My wife gets scared but since she doesn't get to ride in the car much except on weekends when I take it she will not miss a ride even if its very spirited.....lol.

What route are we taking back? The same route back? Just wondering as I would like to invite one of my firends from Denver to join use at coneyisland (or somewhere closer down towards us) and drive with us on the way back if he is interested.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:30 PM
I usually take the same route back down since I live west of Woodland anyway.

Small hitch guys - the Smokehouse is closed on Sunday. We can still meet there and then decide on coffee/eating arrangements - it's not like it takes more than 5 minutes to go anywhere in Woodland Pk. I'd rather do that then change the meet spot this late and end up losing someone.

See you tomorrow!!

Old 04-03-2010, 03:56 PM
I usually take the same route back down since I live west of Woodland anyway.

Small hitch guys - the Smokehouse is closed on Sunday. We can still meet there and then decide on coffee/eating arrangements - it's not like it takes more than 5 minutes to go anywhere in Woodland Pk. I'd rather do that then change the meet spot this late and end up losing someone.

See you tomorrow!!

With the Smokehouse closed it will make it easier for us to find each other!

I am going to have a quick bite to eat before leaving and then probably grab something else wherever we end up going.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Good times, guys (and gal) 21.3 MPG for me, and my on-board is usually optimistic. lol

Old 04-04-2010, 01:47 PM
20.9 MPG for me which is great!

It was a good time. It allowed me to exploit some of the capabilities of my car.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Aarron1974 is on a distinguished road
I at 22.8mpg. Can't wait to see pics, and any vid if it was taken. Great weather, great drive.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Had a nice time -- that was fun!

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to change the position of the camera, so it was facing backwards the whole time. We'll have to do this again sometime when I have it facing forwards. Here's 2-3 minutes worth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E36R_npL58Y

Old 04-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by lnferno
Had a nice time -- that was fun!

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to change the position of the camera, so it was facing backwards the whole time. We'll have to do this again sometime when I have it facing forwards. Here's 2-3 minutes worth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E36R_npL58Y
The video looks good. Do you know if the quality is lowered when you put it on youtube?

Next time it will be interesting to see it pointing in the right direction so we can see the car in front taking the turns. Next time we go out, can you film a few minutes of you behind me?

Cheers

Old 04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wabbit636
The video looks good. Do you know if the quality is lowered when you put it on youtube?

Next time it will be interesting to see it pointing in the right direction so we can see the car in front taking the turns. Next time we go out, can you film a few minutes of you behind me?

Cheers
I had it set on 720p. I could have set it to 1080p, but that fills up the storage card fast! When you are viewing it on youtube, make sure you select the 720p option.

We'll have to do it again. I was experimenting with it facing the rear. Next time you can get in front and I'll have it facing forwards.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Also, here are my pics taken from the GoPro. This is the first time I've ever taken pics with it. I need to get closer next time!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Denver large Euro GTG 3/28/10