Horsepower for Healing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:53 PM
JoeT is on a distinguished road
Horsepower for Healing

Guys,

I hope that it is "ok" to post this. A friend of mine and a friend of his are starting an organization to help those less fortunate in the area. This email is from him and I can forward to anyone who is interested in helping, their contact info....
so let me know if you're interested and I'll forward you Mark and Ken's email

All,

I do not email many of you on this email list, but I felt that it was warranted. A friend of mine, Ken Hill, has started a charitable venture called Horsepower for Healing (H4H for short). The purpose behind H4H is to bring rare and unique cars to those less fortunate than us...individuals who have always wanted to see, sit in, or possibly even ride, in a car of their dreams. That car might be an older 'Vette. a Cobra, a Caterham, Lotus 7, a street rod, an exotic sports car, a '60s/'70s Detroit muscle car, or possily even a Studebaker Starlight Coupe... we all dream of different cars. The focus individuals would be those who are facing a significant challenge in their life. Individuals who are confined in some manner, in hospice, or physically limited, where they may never experience their automotive dream without the efforts of people such as us.

Members of H4H participate in events aimed at bringing these rare and unique vehicles to these people, to events that raise funds for the benefit of these people. and possibly, directly to the individual to let them fulfill a dream that we have achieved.

If you are interested in participating in H4H at any level, assisting in organizing gatherings, fulfilling the dream of a requester, or know of friends who may be interested in H4H, please respond to Ken's email address which is CC'd on this email. He has set up a Facebook page, and by contacting him you can join and support the Horsepower for Healing venture.

If you know of anyone who might be interested in Horsepower for Healing, please take a moment to forward this email to them, along with the link to Ken's email.

A while back I heard a phrase used by racers, who never give up, never stop trying, never take their foot off the gas..."never lift!"

The mission statement of Horsepower for Healing is simple..."never lift!"

Mark Lemberger
Charter member of Horsepower for Healing
Owner: Factory 5 '65 Roadster, replica of the 427 S/C Cobra

Old 07-03-2012, 05:12 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's great to post. However, how does it effect Colorado as you appear to be way up north?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:26 PM
JoeT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by denversteve
I think it's great to post. However, how does it effect Colorado as you appear to be way up north?

I'm in Colorado now...Broomfield is "home" now