6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Colorado (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/colorado-128/)
-   -   High Plains Raceway DE event Oct 15/16 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/colorado/257031-high-plains-raceway-de-event-oct-15-16-a.html)

teflon_jones 10-08-2011 02:22 PM

High Plains Raceway DE event Oct 15/16

Who's going to this PCA event at High Plains next weekend?

I'll be there with at least one other friend with a 997 C2S. I have a 996TT X50 and a Subaru STI (moderately modded) that I'm planning to bring. I also have a buddy with a HIGHLY tuned Subaru Legacy that will probably be coming. He's in the midst of putting it back together after a major set of mods and he's not sure whether he'll have it tuned by then. I might let him drive my STI and drive my Turbo myself.

Sladep 10-08-2011 02:51 PM

Will be there on Sat with 2008 997 GT 2 white.

teflon_jones 10-09-2011 12:00 AM

Hey Slade. This is Scott the guy you met the other night that brought the dark gray STI. I can only go on Sunday unfortunately.

Beautiful car you've got and I wish I could've seen it on the track!

Maybe next time!

Sladep 10-09-2011 08:00 PM

Sorry you won't be at HPR

Hi Scott,
It was good to meet you at Eurosport. Your STi is sharp, for sure. If anything changes and you can get out there on Saturday, I'll look forward to running some laps with you. See you soon,

Slade

kevinf 10-10-2011 04:49 PM

Are Non-PCA members (BMW M5) allowed to join this event? If so, could you link me to more information?

Thanks!

Sladep 10-10-2011 10:00 PM

HPR event

Hi Kevin,
I just researched the event on the PCA website and from all indications it is limited to those who are PCA members - sorry 'bout that. The Friday before is an open track day however!

teflon_jones 10-11-2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sladep (Post 3336468)
Hi Scott,
It was good to meet you at Eurosport. Your STi is sharp, for sure. If anything changes and you can get out there on Saturday, I'll look forward to running some laps with you. See you soon,

Slade

Good to meet you too. I don't have a sitter for the kids Saturday so I can't go, but a buddy of mine will be there named Mike with a red 997 C2S.

I just chipped the STI yesterday so I've got some more power for the track. Instead of just 305/300 now it's about 340/350. Should be pretty fun!

porschespeeddemon 10-11-2011 07:31 PM

I am planning on attending Saturday, as a spectator.hilarious

Sladep 10-12-2011 11:48 PM

HPR event

Hi Scott,
Nice going on getting the STi chipped. If you're inclined, my recommendations:
1) Upgrade to a Blouche TD06-20G turbo
2) Cobb downpipe and catback exhaust
3) Deatchwerks 850cc injectors
4) Warner fuel pump upgrade
5) Dyno tune by Harvey at the Boost Creep (91 octane and E85)
6) Cobb accessport to be able to switch tunes.

All this is about $4g, and you'll be doing about 343hp/373ftlbs at the wheels. You won't believe how strong it is and how well it runs.

Chance - I tried to register for the event on Monday evening and got slammed - it said on the registration email that it was open through Monday, and then they told me after they bounced me that when the registration page loads, it says "4:00 p.m. deadline". Nice. Oh well. I'm heading out to HPR on Friday for the open track day, but might go out there on Sat. to watch. Not sure if that would make me happy or just more pissed.